Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any good archery mule deer movies? You find alot of elk archery movies but all the mule deer movies are rifle or muzzy's. NO WHITETAIL MOVIES.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Check out Blacktimberoutfitters.com..........they hunt the San Juans.....good people!

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
I am not a fan, but FMP has a series out there as well. I like BTO videos however.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello, first post for me, just wanted to say hello to everyone. :D

I am a big fan of archery muley hunting as well. The guys at FMP can really get it done, hunting with a general tag on public ground. What else can you ask for.

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
inbowrange said:
The blacktimberoutfitters.com leads to a colorado web site and what is fmp and bto what do they stand for?
BTO is Blacktimberoutfitters, FMP is Full Moon Productions out of SLC. I am not a fan of FMP for many reasons, the main one being the lame-ass story line they have. I have many friends who like their videos though, so give them a try.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Just kinda tossing around FMP with friends, some have referred to them as "a bunch of potheads with bows". Whether thats true or not, I have no idea and really don't care much... they seem like pretty cool guys and they make a mean video.. well, two now. I liked the one I saw and hope they keep on making them. They sure do put some nice deer on the ground. 8)

·
Registered
585 Posts
My bad........ blacktimberoutfitters.net

You may also want to try the Hunting Company(huntinco) - Justin Richins, he has a dvd subscription service and he si based in Henefer, UT and has some gret ranches.....
Kth

·
Registered
19 Posts
Todd and Travis at BTO do some awesome guiding, I have seen some of their stuff in some magazines and a few videos. Justin has posted some absolutely stud deer on the MM site. But hunting CWMU or private land just isnt my thing. I like the FMP video's the most because they hunt where you cant take an ATV, or any motor vehicle for that matter, or even horses most of the time and they do it with a 45 dollar tag on public ground with 20 thousand other archery hunters.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Justice, don't forget about the helicopter that they (FMP crew) took in on one of the hunts or the 80 yard shots. Like we all can do that. :roll:

·
Registered
39 Posts
ridgetops said:
Justice, don't forget about the helicopter that they (FMP crew) took in on one of the hunts or the 80 yard shots. Like we all can do that. :roll:
helicopter, i havent heard about that!!!
The only reason i watch the FMP dvd's is to see what is out there on the front, other than that, they are below average for me!!

9er

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
does anyone have a web site for FMP so i can check them out i can't find any hunting movies when i google them.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
"don't forget about the helicopter that they (FMP crew) took in on one of the hunts or the 80 yard shots. Like we all can do that."

It really isn’t that expensive especially if you get 4 guys that want to participate with the expense. Also if you have ever packed your week of supplies up those hills you could justify the 200 bucks it would cost you to do it.

Not a fan of the deer being taken at long ranges. But there are not very many videos out with over the shoulder bow kills on mule deer. I give the first video 9 out of 10 because I was hunting the same deer they were.
I'll give the second video 8 out of 10 because of the stupid car scenes.

I am a fan and will keep buying the videos. I heard a rumor they killed a 220" buck in Canada this year so Ill defiantly purchase the next video.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Justice said:

I am a big fan of archery muley hunting as well. The guys at FMP can really get it done, hunting with a general tag on public ground. What else can you ask for.
Well.....Give a guy enough 80 yard shots and he'll luck out and sh*t shoot one eventually. :?

For every "kill" they show you on those movies I wonder how many Misses and Maimed deer they don't show you.... :evil:

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
TEX-O-BOB said:
Justice said:

Well.....Give a guy enough 80 yard shots and he'll luck out and sh*t shoot one eventually. :?

For every "kill" they show you on those movies I wonder how many Misses and Maimed deer they don't show you.... :evil:
This is the BIGGEST reason I am NOT a fan of FMP. I will NOT 'reward' hunters making/taking questionable shots and promoting it as something to aspire to accomplish. That is NOT archery hunting, at least not MY kind of archery hunting. _(O)_

·
Registered
146 Posts
Burley Bucks 2 is going to be out soon and I must say Nate has some of the best mule deer footage I have ever seen on this bad boy! To chime in on the FMP boys, well its already been said- you give a guy enough 80 + yards shots and he's bound to connect with Gutts / Neck / head / hind end / and an occasional vital. There are only a few people in the whole archery world that can consistantly make those long shots, that is if every factor in a good shot is there. I think there is a lot more to be said about a hunter who can consitantly kill big bucks at close ranges say under 50 yds, than those that brag or appear to brag about long bombers.
Have I taken long shots? YEAH , a few, not to proud of them especially since none of them ever seem to result in a kill. I would say in Utah I can hang with anyone on a 3D course shooting at foam and probably thrash most guys but that in no way puts me in a position to just let carbon fly! I passed on some monster bucks this year that I couldn't get any closer than 80 yds, one of whom I took a 97 yard shot at last year, hit in the neck, and was sick for days thinking I wouldn't find him.
I use to say you can't kill unless you shoot, now I feel a lot better when the animals get the better of me and I don't shoot. Plus I know I can go back in a few weeks after the archery hunt ends and plaster one of these bucks with my muzzleloader!
You can't change or police a persons ethics, only pass yours on!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just recieved a copy of fmp's "the ride" it is the biggest piece-o-crap video i have ever watched. the guys in it are just small-manhood boys. and the story line they think is so cool , is pathetic. 80+ yard shots......don't even get me going there. these guys are puss heads and there video stinks. if you want to know what i really think i would have to repent to the bishop afterwards. if anyone wants the garbage, it will send it for what shipping costs.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i don't think you are supposed to "repent to the bishop"? I would not know but I heard you talk to the bishop only if you are late on your tithing or have a problem with harry palms? :lol:

I agree with you though archery 80+ yards and I would never even pay shipping.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts