Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot a bo-doodle on my old PSE nova and it was a great rest. Easy to tune and rugged. I really liked that rest but parted way when I sold that bow. My only negative comment would be if you are a shaky person during draw or hold it is not the rest for you.
When I purchased my new bow I put a quicktune 1000 on it and it shot fine but, I could never quite dial it in as tight as I like too shoot, or as tight as I know I can shoot. After trying everything else I replaced the rest and the problem went away. I currently shoot a ripcord drop away and love it. It is accurate and dependable and contains my arrow for situations that it is needed.

Short and sweet I would reccomend the bodoodle or the ripcord. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
A number of different drop-aways to choose from, I have a NAP on one bow, and a Trophy Taker on the other. Both are good rests. Drop-aways are easy to tune and are far and away better for accuracy than a bisket or 'traditional' release rest. No fletch/rest issues.

PRO

·
Registered
623 Posts
Limb driver is one of the top notch, I realy like the drop away that is tailored for a Mathews and I realllllllly like the drop away that is tailored for the hoyt, my old, built like a truck and never fail was the Trophy taker, all drop aways. I have shot a blade in competition, but why? Drop aways (tuned properly) are the best rests out there.

A word on the wisker b. They have many great features, but the variences that can take place because of them have to much variety in a sport that consistency is a main ingredient. I have never been out shot by a wisker bis(I honestly don't even know how to spell it)cket quet kit hit.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Come on Trish.... you don't like the thump, the swish and the tears on your vanes?? No vampiress.... not veins... vanes, like on your arrows. :lol: I want to go to a dropaway also but I figure I better just get steady on my draw so I'm not dropping and releasing arrows into my foot before I switch. :wink:

·
Registered
51 Posts
So are ya'll using releases or what? I just use my fingers (for releasing the string that is) and I like the Centerrest Flipper on my compound.

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
I've been shooting a rip cord for the last 7 months or so. I kept the whisker bicuit on my other bow and I definitely like the drop away better.

Bikitz is good, drop aways is mo betta.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts