Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from my annual trip to one of my favorite places to hike.
It's a place where I can see 350"+ bulls and 180"+ bucks feeding in the same little basin and sometimes in the same meadow.
Well, this year I came upon a small herd of elk in which there was one really huge bull. It was first light and the bulls knew I was there and were moving away slowly.
So I slowly moved onward.
I few minutes later, I came upon a small group of bucks. The biggest one was about 26" wide and had the most perfect box frame. I'm sure he would end up a 180"+ buck.
I waited a few more minutes for it to get lighter.
Finally, the lighting was perfect and the buck was standing 80 yards broadside, looking right at me.
I slowly turned the camera on, only to see the "no flash card" icon flashing.
I can't believe I had left it home in the computer while uploading some video on youtube last week.
I actually laughed out loud on that one.
Sorry guys, no video footage from the honey hole this year.

Reactions: APD

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I saw a bear about an hour ago,
Camra and card was setting right here at my computer!

PRETTY PAINFUL!

·
Registered
37 Posts
My brother and I went to one of our spots this year and got a couple good bucks in the scope, when we got the camera set up we realized the batteries were dead. Kind of a bummer, but always fun to see big bucks and bulls!

·
Registered
9,375 Posts
I have also learned the hard way about cameras. And some of the things that I have learned are:

Have 3 sets of batteries, one in the camera and 2 spares
Have 2 memory cards, one in the camera and one spare
When you leave the house always have a camera hanging from your neck or belt.
If you even think that you see something that you might want to take a picture of get the camera ready

I know that there are other things that you should do but these few work for me.

On my recent hunting trip to South Africa I broke all those rules but having spare batteries and the one time that I needed to swap batteries the other two were dead.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Dead battery just a few hours ago, got off a few pics with the phone. I feel your pain.

·
Bjorne Lou Tsar
3,340 Posts
I feel your pain. My son and I hiked into a basin on the Wyo/Idaho boarder only to realize I had left my .257Wby ammo in the truck.:shock: Luckily my son shot a .257Wby too. I lucked out this time because I usually hunt this basin solo.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Sorry guys, no video footage from the honey hole this year.
That's ok, in lieu of pics we'll settle for gps coordinates so we can see them for ourselves.:mrgreen:

i still remember forgetting to change to a new roll of film on those big lunkers. polaroids started to make a comeback a year or so ago. they're a little loud for wildlife photography though.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I hate it when I put my chip back in the trail cam.............and forget to turn it back on before I shut it. Have done that 3 or 4 times the last couple of years.
Guess that's a sign of old age ???? :-?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I may have you all beat, I drove over 90 minutes to my spot only to realize I left both four wheeler keys on the kitchen counter. I can't begin to explain how I felt when I realized it. But....that nice buck I posted this week would have never been found if I hadn't done some foot work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts