Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in Utah from being up in Washington state for the last 7+ years. More of a job move then anything else.

Since back in Utah I've been busy with work and have gotten out a only little (after I had to wait the 6 moths to get the resident license). Have taken my little boat out once at East Canyon for a day and I do miss the mountain lakes and scenery.

The big boat will be moored at Lucerne marina, Flaming Gorge once the ice comes off and the docks go in. Have to admit that moorage costs a little more than Westport, but that is how it goes. Will probably be asking a few questions about the lake as well as reading up on past posts.

Great fishing up in Washington in the salt as well as fresh water. Spent most of my time in Puget Sound enjoying the sights and off the coast chasing what was in season or running at the time. If any of you have questions about fishing Washington waters, let me know. Have a couple of friends that run charters up there and they are top notch! The halibut, ling, rockfish and salmon fishery are great. My suggestion to all is a albacore tuna trip if you every make it up there. It will make you want to go back for more.

Tim .....aka Deviant

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Well welcome back:mrgreen:.

·
Administrator
21,349 Posts

I work in Washington quite a bit. Mrs Goob and I really liked Westport, summer and fall. I worked at Aberdeen (Cosmopolis) often and would run down to Westport to hang out.

In 2013/2014 I worked in Port Angeles off and on. Rented a house above the Elwha Dam when they were finishing up on the dam demolition and river reclamation. What a success story that is. Hope to get back there some day when the Elwha sport fishery turns around.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Would love to go up and fish for tuna. Will put it on my list.
Can't go this year. We are going to minnysoda to fish along the Canadian border. Eh.
Next year I will get with you.
Welcome back.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My cousin's husband was the photographer that did a lot of the visual documentation of the Elwha demolition. They compiled it into a movie - "Return of the river" (http://www.elwhafilm.com/).

Wife and I are looking to retire in the Port Townsend area.

As far as tuna, best times are in August and September. You can turn a troll caught fish into a bait stop that will plug a boat. Key to plugging your boat is your Captain and crew. Nothing like a 20-30 lb albacore doing a drive-by on your anchovy like a freight train!
There are a lot of videos on youtube of bait stops out of Westport. Once you do it you are hooked!

Just make sure you plan ahead and take your sea legs. The Westport bar has sent more than one to the rail puking their guts out....8)

·
Administrator
21,349 Posts
My cousin's husband was the photographer that did a lot of the visual documentation of the Elwha demolition. They compiled it into a movie - "Return of the river" (http://www.elwhafilm.com/).

Wife and I are looking to retire in the Port Townsend area.

As far as tuna, best times are in August and September. You can turn a troll caught fish into a bait stop that will plug a boat. Key to plugging your boat is your Captain and crew. Nothing like a 20-30 lb albacore doing a drive-by on your anchovy like a freight train!
There are a lot of videos on youtube of bait stops out of Westport. Once you do it you are hooked!

Just make sure you plan ahead and take your sea legs. The Westport bar has sent more than one to the rail puking their guts out....8)
Cool, I think I've seen that film on the local Public TV network.

I work the papermills up there; Cosi, Port Angeles, Port Townsend.....others. Port Townsend is really nice; so is Sequim.

·
Premium Member
11,688 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts