Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When do you think we'll start seeing CC hits for bear? Supposed to hear from the DWR by the 12th. I'm getting antsy, I'm in with 9 points.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I think their date is the 11th?

I don't have but 2 measly points so I'm not very optimistic.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well i applied for san juan, la sal, and book cliffs. Thought i would wait to ask until after i drew. Appreciate the advice from long time members of this forum. I belong to a similar forum for washington state. More than happy to help others when i have the chance.

Reading all i can on this forum. And the draw odds. Etc. looks like only one non res tag for aug hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,653 Posts
On the BC roadless you better have access to horses or mules unless you plan on doing a lot of hiking. Been there done that.

That country is just like the rest of the Book Cliffs and should hold a lot of bears. I came across a muddy track just north of the roadless one year when I was hunting deer and if I didn't know better I would swear that it was a grizzly at the size of it. And that bear was less than 5 minutes ahead of us.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Well i applied for san juan, la sal, and book cliffs. Thought i would wait to ask until after i drew. Appreciate the advice from long time members of this forum. I belong to a similar forum for washington state. More than happy to help others when i have the chance.

Reading all i can on this forum. And the draw odds. Etc. looks like only one non res tag for aug hunt.
Yeah, I wish I knew something about bear hunting there I could tell you. My dad's cousin hunted the book cliffs (but not the roadless area) for years back when it was a general deer unit, and he saw a fair number of bears there (one even found its way into camp :shock: ). The book cliffs are a relatively remote place with a lot of good habitat, and I don't doubt that there will be a good bear population there. It should be a fun trip. Congrats on the draw.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Got lucky and drew the any legal weapon fall tag for Currant Creek with only 6 points. Took 9 last year to draw. I can bait, spot and stock, or use dogs.

I have never hunted bear before so this will be a learning experience.

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
My brother drew the Bookcliffs Archery Fall Tag with 5 points. No dice for my son and I. My brother may be the luckiest guy in the world when it comes to tags. He draws something good every year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts