Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience catching crawdads at Bear Lake? I've heard they are up there and would like to catch a few. Any ideas are appreciated.
Thanks,
Nate

·
Registered
582 Posts
caught a few last summer. there aren't a lot but there are some. look around rocks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are few crawfish at bear lake but not many. Your best bet would be Strawberry Reservoir or even Scofield. There are crawfish in a lot of Utah's lakes. If you want to catch more crawfish? Read this book. This is a short read but it is a great book for those who are just starting to fish for crawfish. There are also several recipes that are delicious! The book is "The Crawfish".

Paperback https://www.createspace.com/4917420

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the responses. We've been crawdaddin' before, but never at Bear Lake. Where we usually go swimming, it's not rocky at all. Looking for some good spots where it's rocky. I'm up here now and I'll give a report of our luck.
Thanks,
Nate

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
good luck , I would love to hear about your results.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, after 3 days/nights of flipping rocks and trapping with 2 traps using raw chicken legs in 3 different spots around the lake, we finally trapped one little guy at the state marina near Garden City. It was still fun trying.

·
Administrator
8,028 Posts
Well, after 3 days/nights of flipping rocks and trapping with 2 traps using raw chicken legs in 3 different spots around the lake, we finally trapped one little guy at the state marina near Garden City. It was still fun trying.
Bummer! Next time try Strawberry or Scofield.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts