Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fishing Bear Lake with not success at all. According to what I have read the Lake Trout are supposed to be running. But I’m not finding any of them. I have been up and down the east side concentrating mostly in the Cisco beach area. Has anyone had any luck on the lake? If so and you are willing to help out a frustrated neighbor please share. Thanks.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I live 45 minutes away from it and never fished it. I would like to go there sometimes. Same question as above...

·
Registered
12 Posts
The spawn is about over. There are still fish on the deeper gravel mounds on the east side and the rock pile on the west side. Trollers have been doing pretty good and if you know your stuff, jigs are doing well in the spawn pods on the rock pile. In another couple weeks, Bear Lake should open up to some fantastic cutthroat fishing. Seems like once the mack spawn is over the cutthroat fishing goes wide open. Maybe not as good as the Berry but good enough to have decent days over there with some decent size to them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.