Administrator
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please post Ice Conditions only!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Capped?

Not hardly, I was up there last Saturday. The only safe ice from what I could tell was on the furthest most south section of the pond, and maybe only a few hundred yards. Although there are icebergs and chunk ice just about everywhere depending on the wind direction.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
That is what is so crazy about bear lake, one minute ice, the next the wind blows all the ice to the shores. I have heard there has been a few boats going out to the rock pile breaking up all the ice possible. But I have also heard, that people are ice fishing the edges not far off the shore lines. I have also heard that people are Cisco fishing through ice on the East side. It changes daily, but I like said this is what I have HEARD. So you never know. Good luck and be safe! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Youre right, that place is nuts... I've been in one of the boats that have been busting stuff up to get out to the rock pile. Fishing has been good, ok, hit and miss type stuff, but definitely better before the meatballs of cisco showed up. There is ice but not much, im still being informed that all of the considered safe stuff is along the areas I mentioned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.