Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody seeing any bears out and about this spring yet? I know its a little early but I'm putting the boots on the ground this weekend and can't wait to be out in the mountains again!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
had a bear snout print on my cabin window up nr smith morehouse last weekend.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I was going to say you're a tad early, but I guess Kingfisher has experience that would suggest otherwise. Keep us posted on what you see.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Any body interested in running some dogs on a spring bear that didn't draw a pursuit tag?
Uh, only 3 units (San Juan, La Sals, and the Book Cliffs) have a restricted bear pursuit season where a tag has to be drawn, and they are only for the summer pursuit season (July and August when there isn't a kill season going on). The whole state is open for pursuit during the spring season with no special tag required.

So what unit are you talking about just out of curiosity?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I was under the impression to run dogs they either needed a tag or with someone that had one of the other style tags.
That's only true for the early part of the fall hunt (Aug 20-Sept 26) when there are other big game hunts going on at the same time. The rest of the time a hound dogger does not need to have a kill permit holder present to chase bear with his dogs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts