Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever hunted around Beaver Utah for the any bull? I have been all over the mountains and have seen plenty of game, but no elk. Now I find there are a lot of people on the mountain, in areas I thought elk might be. Just wanting to see if anyone can give me some adive. No looking for a trophy, just some meat in the fridge.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Not a trophy, just some meat for the freezer. Yeah, you and every other yahoo with a general season bull tag in their pocket. Since you are such a renowned poster who has contributed so much to this forum I am sure someone will come along and help you though! :p

·
JMgardner
418 Posts
Not a trophy, just some meat for the freezer. Yeah, you and every other yahoo with a general season bull tag in their pocket. Since you are such a renowned poster who has contributed so much to this forum I am sure someone will come along and help you though! :p
zziiiinnggg!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I have hunted out there with my bow for a number of years including every year since they opened it up to any bull....we have seen elk out there every year except this one. Not very many elk out there...I would hunt the Minerals up high in the thick stuff. That would be your best bet...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, it is a jungle out there with all the people. I wish I could have scouted, but was deployed and this was my only chance to hunt before going back. I have seen everything but elk. I have a few days left, so hopefully I get lucky. Thanks to those who gave advice.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Thank you for your service Quikice. This is why we shouldn't be so quick to jump on someone asking for advice. If anyone deserves it I think it would be the men and women who are protecting our freedom! I wish I had some advice for you but I'm not familiar with the area. Good luck and I hope you get it done, and God speed when you return to service. You guys are truly hero's.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Thanks, it is a jungle out there with all the people. I wish I could have scouted, but was deployed and this was my only chance to hunt before going back. I have seen everything but elk. I have a few days left, so hopefully I get lucky. Thanks to those who gave advice.
Yeah, Saturday we were flushing a grouse every few hundred feet and saw some nice bucks but no elk, seems like we had about the same luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well no luck this year and I have to end my hunt early. Hopefully next year will be better luck. Thanks for those who gave good advice and good luck to all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts