Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my tag for hunt EA1219. Beaver North Antlerless Elk. Aug 1st - Aug 11th. Any Legal Weapon... before Archery! I hope that gives me an advantage but I need to know where I can find these elk during the warmer months and what areas to use as access points. Any information would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Senior Goof
3,620 Posts
I just got my tag for hunt EA1219. Beaver North Antlerless Elk. Aug 1st - Aug 11th. Any Legal Weapon... before Archery! I hope that gives me an advantage but I need to know where I can find these elk during the warmer months and what areas to use as access points. Any information would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
If you start scouting them now, they will be in relatively the same place. Up higher munching greenery.

Does that tag not also have the October dates attached?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you start scouting them now, they will be in relatively the same place. Up higher munching greenery.

Does that tag not also have the October dates attached?
I was thinking Big Johns Flat which is around 9k feet with Delano Peak around 11k feet and hunt the tree line. Last time I hunted there it was so steep and rigorous we barely made it out of there... much less with an animal. Don't know if I have any other good options. Dates are only Aug 1st - 11th. No additional dates attached.

·
Registered
453 Posts
With those dates I'd suspect that their is a reason. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the agricultural interests were looking to get the elk out of their fields sooner than later. I'd call the biologist to see if that might be the case.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
With those dates I'd suspect that their is a reason. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the agricultural interests were looking to get the elk out of their fields sooner than later. I'd call the biologist to see if that might be the case.

Good luck.
+1
Call the Biologist and C/O in that area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts