Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one of these with the re-coil system? Does it make that much of a difference to justify the extra $$ over the regular Nova? Im going to be getting a new shorgun here in the next month & have been looking over the different brands. The Super Nova ran about $465.00 in the camo pattern, compared to the regular nova at about $300.00. Would it be worth it to fork out the little bit of extra$$ over the Super nova & go with the Browning BPS?? Just looking at options & seeing what everyone thinks about the guns. All the guns feel good , so I guess Im looking for somebody with experience with all of them. Ive been using my trusty old 870 the last few years & Im ready for a new one. I already have a Browning gold , So I would kind of like to see what the better guns are in pump action. thanks for any info!!!!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
They changed the supernova's reciever a little bit. You will notice it is more rounded like an 870, and the regular nova has more of a square reciever. I heard from somewhere that the supernova doesnt rattle so bad like the nova. I dont really think that recoil reducing thing makes a huge difference. A sims pad would probably be just fine. I was choosing between an 870, a nova and a supernova and ended up going with an 870 and I bought a cabelas extended full choke tube for hevishot. Sweet setup. I figured I really dont need use 3 1/2" shells to kill ducks and geese.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts