Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's a good pair for under 150 bucks? These would be for big game hunting. I have had a pair of bushnell sportsman that were 60 bucks and worked ok for me but they got water in them. Thanks for any help or info.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Vortex Diamondback are the best bang for the buck. You can usually find a used pair on KSL for around $150 and with the unlimited warranty you can send them back with any issues.

·
Senior Goof
3,584 Posts
I always recommend the Vortex, but what magnification are you looking for? That will be a large factor in the diamondback fitting the dollars...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just bought a set of Oculus Vision 10x42's at Basspro for $120. I compared them to Leupold, Bushnell, and a few other house brand models. I really liked them. I chose them over the Leupold McKenzie model. I started years ago with a set of 12x50 Perma Focus, then upgraded to Bushnell Legacy WP 10x50's. I totally agree that you get what you pay for but sometimes it ain't in the cards. I save all my pennies for gas money to get up in the mountains, ha.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I picked up a pair of Vanguards last year when Cal Ranch was closing them out and I got to say its very tough to see a difference between them and my Nikon Monarchs. I got mine for under $100.00 but I would say they are easily worth $163.00.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I picked up a pair of Vanguards last year when Cal Ranch was closing them out and I got to say its very tough to see a difference between them and my Nikon Monarchs. I got mine for under $100.00 but I would say they are easily worth $163.00.
how's there warranty/customer service?

·
JMgardner
418 Posts
al's sporting goods was selling vortex diamondback 10x42's a while back for $149 new in box and I feel like other stores get close to thatfrom time to time. and you can find them used in perfect condition fairly regularly for that it seems. I just picked up the 10x50's. from what Ive read and the little ive seen, they seem to be hard to beat for their price range

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'd go with the vortex Diamondbacks. My brother in law and father in law have them and they're pretty dang good glass for the money. Plus with the warranty you'll have a pair of Binos for life!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Go look through some at a store. I was considering Vortex diamondbacks until I went to Sportsman's and compared them (both regular and HD) to Nikons. I don't have anything against Vortex, I have a Diamondback spotting scope, It's just that with my eyes, the Nikon Monarch 3's were between the Regular and HD Diamondbacks and cost the same as the regular Diamondbacks. I was looking at 8X32's

·
Registered
854 Posts
I've got the leupold Acadia bx-2. I compared them to 4 or 5 others in that price range at the time of purchase including diamondbacks. One thing that is great about them is they have a wider fov than others which I really like. Brand new they are out of your price range but I've seen them on sale for 180 or so and they pop up used occasionally for around 150

·
Registered
556 Posts
Amazon has the diamond backs for 175 free shipping right now...worth the extra 25

1 - 20 of 25 Posts