Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a little tradition in my family to bring the best jerky we can on the hunt.

We used to get our jerky from Terrell Meats in Delta, but their prices are getting ridiculous.

I know there's probably no shortage of opinions on this subject, but what's your favorite jerky out there?

We really love the thinnest, driest stuff we can find. Anyone know of a good place to get jerky in Utah county?

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
There used to be a place in Payson called Teds Meats, was good jerky. Don't know if they are still there.

·
Super Moderator
9,661 Posts
I haven't had any store bought jerky in a long time ever since I started making my own. it is a lot cheaper and a lot better.

Other than that try Springville Meats

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
There used to be a place in Payson called Teds Meats, was good jerky. Don't know if they are still there.
Not there anymore.

He moved to Nephi but retired a few yes back.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
There's a guy either parked at the Strawberry turn off on HWY40 or just up Spanish fork canyon who has Jerky... never tried it but his homemade painted signs always say "REAL GOOD"
:mrgreen:

but seriously, I like home made stuff myself.

-DallanC

·
Registered
854 Posts
There's a guy either parked at the Strawberry turn off on HWY40 or just up Spanish fork canyon who has Jerky... never tried it but his homemade painted signs always say "REAL GOOD"

but seriously, I like home made stuff myself.

-DallanC
I don't know how true this is but a buddy of mine said he saw that guy at I believe springville meats? Anyways he was buying it in bulk to go sell at his jerky stands!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I make a pretty good teriyaki-style jerky. Homemade is the best by far.

Since most of us prefer our own, we should get together after the hunts are over and compare/swap recipes and tall tales. We could even have a contest to find out who really does make the best jerky!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I make a pretty good teriyaki-style jerky. Homemade is the best by far.

Since most of us prefer our own, we should get together after the hunts are over and compare/swap recipes and tall tales. We could even have a contest to find out who really does make the best jerky!
Now your talking !! Me and my bro are throwing down our recipe this weekend :D

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
If you are ever in Tremonton, Mb packing makes exactly what you are looking for. good really flat, dry, and tasty jerky.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
We really love the thinnest, driest stuff we can find. Anyone know of a good place to get jerky in Utah county?
That's the exact definition of terrible jerky. Thin and dry.

For hunting I'm always looking for thick chewy pieces that take a few minutes to swallow.

Thompsons smoke house on 1900 and midland in weber co make good tuff thick jerky.

·
Registered
248 Posts
That's the exact definition of terrible jerky. Thin and dry.

For hunting I'm always looking for thick chewy pieces that take a few minutes to swallow.
I was thinking the same thing....

thick and juicy....I'll chew on it for as long as I can. Thin and dry..might as well just cut yourself a few strips of cardboard from your kids cereal box!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts