Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never caught a tiger trout and would like to make a trip to catch some through the ice. which body of water would be my best bet?

·
Administrator
21,399 Posts
NE Utah:

Birch Creek
Whitney Reservoir if you have a snowmobile

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would say Birch creek, Scholfield and Huntington. That's where I have had the best luck. Hyrum has a few, but not the first place I would head for tigers.

·
Registered
10,050 Posts
Stupid'ist fish I've ever seen. Wanna catch a boat full? Anchor off in 20ft of water on a bright sunny day. Those fish will come up under the boat and sit in the shade. Drop a line over 15ft below the boat with a worm on it. Dont even have to jig it, leave it dead stick. You can catch hundreds at a time... seriously.

-DallanC

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Huntington or Scofield hold a few thousand, we have caught them on occasion at Causey as well.

·
Premium Member
11,689 Posts
based on the last several state records one might think Scofield, but they are pretty tough to get. It will all be poisoned here in the not so distant future, I think the tigers are the only reason they haven't poisoned it already. My neighbor volunteered to help with the gill net survey and the chubs are only getting worse according to him.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I would say Birch creek, Scholfield and Huntington. That's where I have had the best luck. Hyrum has a few, but not the first place I would head for tigers.
Ixnay on the Irchbay, anmay! I thought it was understood that a public post was only supposed to be include the second best spot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts