Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been ready for a new pair of hiking/hunting boots for about a year now. Being in Saint George I have struggled to find something that fits right and meets my needs. The local sportsmens warehouse never has anything in my size to try on and as I am getting older my feet are not as tough as they used to be.

I would really like to find a store with a large selection of quality hunting boots along with knowledgable staff that can put me into a pair of boots that will work for me.

I will be up in the Salt Lake area for a few days at the beginning of June so I am hoping to find a decent place to get a good pair of boots.

Any suggestions on a good boot retailer on the Wasatch front that will have a good selection of boots with inteligent staff?

Thanks

·
Administrator
21,341 Posts
Meindl boots at Cabela's.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
But if you buy online you can't try them on and make sure they fit you correctly. I have a heck of a time getting comfortable boots. I have to try them before I buy. There is not uniformity in sizes at all.
Sometimes a 10.5 fits the same as an 11 in some boots.
All that returning is a pain in the butt.
Besides, I support local businesses as much as I possibly can.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Look at IFA in St George.
I have checked IFA and cal ranch along with any other possible options in Saint George. Its always the same story down here. The stores don't have something in my size or something that I want. I am looking for quality hiking/hunting boots, not cowboy pull ups.

I am looking for quality $300.00 + boots. I want to try on a selection of boots and find what is right for me. I don't want to spend months ordering and returning boots from some online store hoping to get lucky and find something I like that fits. I also want to support a local business.

I will certainly check out black ovis and Cabela's

Keep the suggestions coming.

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
Cabelas boots / shoes are terrible since Bass Pro bought them. Sorry, their stuff doesn't hold up.

-DallanC

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you're not in a hurry, Camofire (on line discounter) has good deals on boots every few days or so.
got my Crispi boots there at almost half off.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Could give REI a try. After all most "hunting" boots are just hiking boots. Of course you will have to deal with all the anti hunter rhetoric.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
If Sierra has what you want to try in stock- you can order, shipped free, and return them in person to a store in SLC Valley if you don't like them. Their prices are 30-70% off. Unfortunately, I notice they don't carry as options in stock at the moment. Or you can try Scheels and REI, in person.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Never heard of scheels, I will also check them out. And I refuse to support REI...... I am disappointed they would even be mentioned on this forum.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I would check out Camofire while you're in the SLC area. Try a bunch of boots on, then either buy there or buy at a discount when they come on sale. Either way, u get to try them on first.

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
Never heard of scheels, I will also check them out. And I refuse to support REI...... I am disappointed they would even be mentioned on this forum.
You're going to like it... great selection of ice fishing gear, hunting gear, reloading supplies (usually). I hate the exercise section and yuppie biker shorts sections... but the gun / fishing sections are great. Its the store I want to hate, but never do... lol

-DallanC

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have checked IFA and cal ranch along with any other possible options in Saint George. Its always the same story down here. The stores don't have something in my size or something that I want. I am looking for quality hiking/hunting boots, not cowboy pull ups.
I guess Riverton IFA has better options.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts