Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious to what everyones favorite place to fish near SLC was? There are times I just want to leave the office and go fish, however I don't want to drive the 1-3 hrs I usually drive on a planned fishing trip. so whats the best Fishing near SLC, species doesn't matter.

·
Registered
189 Posts
FishMogul said:
so whats the best Fishing near SLC, species doesn't matter.
Jordan River.

However, if you prefer something without the taint of antifreeze I would say the Middle Provo or the Cottonwoods. There is also all of the various community ponds.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
I'm not a fan of the fishing near SLC. I used to be able to fish the I-80 ponds but haven't gone down there in a while.... the nice bass seem to have been yanked out and replaced by rats and if I wanted those, I'd go to DC or something. I think if you're into bass fishing, Jordanelle is less than an hour away and thats pretty good stuff. I usually will drive just over an hour and get into some less pressured creeks and rivers or go to some bass honeyholes outside of town. 8)

·
Registered
993 Posts
East canyon is great. One of my fav spots. It is better in the spring and early summer. Once it gets hot the waterskiers kinda mess up the fishin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.