Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was definitely glad to see that I was not the only person on the water this morning, but I guess a lot of other wives were shopping which allowed all of us to fish. I went up with my brother, my father in law, my brother in law and some of his family and we did awesome. We fished until about noon or so and we caught over 60 fish. That’s right we caught over sixty fish, mostly rainbows with a few cutthroat. To make things even better I caught two complete trolling poles. When I pulled up the first one we thought what luck to catch a trolling pole. then about a half an hour later I pulled up another pole and I could not believe it, so not only did we catch 60 fish but I also increased the value of my fishing equipment by a couple hundred dollars, these were nice poles. By far this was one of the best fishing trips of the year and a great way to end my boating season on Scofield.

·
Registered
348 Posts
60 fish!?!?! That's awesome man, congradulations. Plus, you can't beat finding free gear out at a lake, but the chances of pulling up two trolling poles on one trip have got to be like a million to one, so that makes it even better! Congrats again, and good to hear you got out.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Nicely done, I have caught one pole outta Strawberry, but two in a day is somethin to be proud of... Not to mention the 60+ fish! :p Good job!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
let me first say i do practice catch and release but we were hungry and i had a group of six people and we already ate 25 of these fish. thanks Greenguy88.

it worked. i did let a 5 pounder go at strawberry last week, so we do let the big ones go but we like to eat the small ones.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Nice work on the trout. Sounds like a great day. Two trolling polls. That is a nice catch. I caught a sweater once, but it didn't increase the value of my fishing gear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts