Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you say is the best way to cut up an elk, I mean into what (roasts,steaks,jerkey,etc.)

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
#1DEER 1-I said:
What would you say is the best way to cut up an elk, I mean into what (roasts,steaks,jerkey,etc.)
Some roast won't end up being very good or tender steaks...rump roast is better as a roast. some of the round is better as a roast....t-bones, ribs, tenderloins...all good steaks. Neck and shank..stew meat or sausage....as far a i'm concerned, the rest of the meat is for jerky, hamburger and stew....
Of course, some people can cook up an old shoe and make it taste good...not me... :mrgreen:
I once received a 8 lb. neck roast from the butcher....what the heck is that? :lol:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I prefer steaks and chops, once in awhile some roasts, and do not forget the jerky

·
Registered
210 Posts
Deer and Elk burger are infinitely better than ground beef when used for spaghetti, tacos, etc. I tricked my wife one time when I substituted deer for beef when making tacos. She emphatically stated that it was the best taco meat she had ever had. 2 years later I told her about the swap.

She still won't eat wild game. :oops:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts