Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my swan!
First I would like to thank all of you who responded to my questions back in the first of October. Many of you gave me some great advice. Mainly to wait until the time around Thanksgiving. That is just what I did and it was perfect.
Second Snyder's Taxidermy.
When an old High School buddy of mine found out I had a swan tag he was more than willing to take me out. So the Saturday before Thanksgiving we went to the BRBR. Had a hard time getting to where we wanted to go because we lost the channel in the dark but after fighting our way through an open bay we got where we wanted to be. Before the sun came up we had 3 large groups fly over us. First group a little to high. Second group we waited because we thought they would decoy but they didn't. The third time was the charm. came in close and low. About a 20yrd shot with the old BPS and down it went. No gliding for miles like I was warned they often do. Kind of disappointed. I was looking for a mile walk through the march to chase down a bird.:shock:
Turns out I got really lucky. We stayed until about 1:30 and never even seen another swan within 1 mile of us.
I would like to end by giving a shout out to utmuddguy. He gave me a lot of help and offered to take me out if I needed help. Unfortunately I am not good with computers and don't know if my PM responses made it to him but thanks a lot.
What a great group of guys you are. I hope some day I am in a position to offer as much help to a newby as you guys have given me.
I have some pics on my I-phone but don't know how to get them off of the phone and onto the post, but you all know what a swan looks like anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Thanks for the report and good on ya for getting your bird.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts