Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tonight 5:00 to dark. 50 pounds of fresh elk, potatoes and all kinds of fun stuff. Come by and say hi, get the kids some good protein before the candy. Go to the intersection of 100 West 550 South in Springville. look for the BBQ that looks like a house fire. All for free, all for fun.------SS

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Darn nice shooter!! I'm the candy giver this year or I would run down, pretty nice looking setup.

·
Administrator
21,629 Posts
Man those roasts are gorgeous.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man that was fun! We fed a bunch of folks, we're guessing around 150. Lots of first time game eaters who were timid at first then came back for seconds and thirds. Thanks to Jared from JRS meats and Mike from Sage Basin Taxidermy for helping me have the meat and table decorations ready in time. ----SS

·
Premium Member
11,689 Posts
Dad gum, you had a taxidermist do your center pieces? :-o

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dad gum, you had a taxidermist do your center pieces? :-o
They were the guests of honor......only fair since we were eating them I thought. My buck euro made a nice center piece. My daughters elk was a horrible center piece though. -------SS

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Tonight 5:00 to dark. 50 pounds of fresh elk, potatoes and all kinds of fun stuff. Come by and say hi, get the kids some good protein before the candy. Go to the intersection of 100 West 550 South in Springville. look for the BBQ that looks like a house fire. All for free, all for fun.------SS
Good grief we saw the smoke from the west side here in sarytoger...thought that Springville was burning down. ;-)

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Best Halloween I've had in a long time. On a hunch I bought a package of veggie burgers in case we were visited by any non-meat-munchers. As luck would have it, a nice young mommy came past with her munchkins. I offered her some succulent venison and she declined stating that she was a vegetarian. She about fell over when I whipped out a nasty looking processed soy puck just for her. She sat down and visited for a bit and all the while her kids were gobbling down chunks of smoked elk tenderloin.

I made up about 100 bacon-wrapped cream cheese filled jalapeños that went fast too. I bet 50 people mentioned the breaking news that bacon will give you cancer as they finished off the last greasy bite.

I guess if I get lucky enough to harvest some meat that we'll do it again next year. -------SS

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Wish I would have see no his yesterday. I've been wanting to meet the Springville shooter anyway, and what better occasion than incredible and succulent smoked meat?

Good on ya! Really cool stuff here.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Wish I could have made it down. Sounds like a great time.

Vanilla-- When you finally meet SS, he will be everything you've hoped for and more. ha

1 - 20 of 22 Posts