Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my trail cam up on a waterhole in the cache unit. I have a muzzle loader deer tag. While I didn't capture any deer I snagged a close up of this brute! He is a good sized bull, but, his antlers are super weak. Anybody have any insight? I wouldn't expect a bull with his body to have a rack that small. I saw another bull a few days back and he was much smaller in mass but had a decent rack. Anyways if there is a moose hunter that Wanda him I'll pm you the location. Good luck!!

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
I had my trail cam up on a waterhole in the cache unit. I have a muzzle loader deer tag. While I didn't capture any deer I snagged a close up of this brute! He is a good sized bull, but, his antlers are super weak. Anybody have any insight? I wouldn't expect a bull with his body to have a rack that small. I saw another bull a few days back and he was much smaller in mass but had a decent rack. Anyways if there is a moose hunter that Wanda him I'll pm you the location. Good luck!!
He's old?

·
Bjorne Lou Tsar
3,340 Posts
He looks like a young mulligan to me. He has a very short waddle too. His coat sure is shiny. Looks like he's in great shape for the winter already.

·
Registered
226 Posts
He looks like a young mulligan to me. He has a very short waddle too. His coat sure is shiny. Looks like he's in great shape for the winter already.
Yep, it is definitely a young bull. He's been eating well and looks very healthy. The shiny coat is indicative of good fat stores.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I agree. He just looked so thick I didn't think a young bull would look so sturdy. Guess that's what I get for being from nevada I've probably only seen 5 wild moose ever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts