Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never ice fished for Perch before. I know that Yuba has some bigger perch. Does Yuba usually freeze over sufficantly to ice fish safely (4-6 inches) most years. If so which part of the lake. I read a story that almost a hundred ice fisherman got stranded on the ice, but they were all safely rescued. I know fish lake has plenty of perch but I have heard they are rather tiny in size. Are their any nearby lakes within, or nearby the state of Utah that offer consistant 1/2-2 pound perch. Any information would be greatly apreciated! I hear they are very tasty and more than willing to bite.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
The perch are everywhere in Yuba. You shouldn't have a hard time finding some. I'm pretty sure it freezes nice and solid most of the time.

I doubt the ice is safe yet, but good luck when you go.

·
Registered
814 Posts
You can't keep perch in Yuba until the first of January. Which i doubt anyone will be ice fishing it before then but I could be wrong. Try Starvation or Jordanelle, it's usually fast perch fishing. Rockport and Deer Creek have perch in them but you'll have to work for them and move around. Ask grandpa D about Mantua, I've never fished it but he sounds like the guy to talk to. Seems like he does pretty good on the perch up there.?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Loah, American Fork dude thanks for the timely information. I live in Moroni (Sanpete County) twenty minutes north of Snow College. Which is only 50 minutes away from Yuba. Loah you mentioned that the perch are everywhere in Yuba is there a particular place you would suggest for fast action. I will be going with my family on the expedition and would really like them to have a good time catching alot of perch! Who knows maybe even a walleye, northern pike, or a rainbow trout. By the way palisade has about 3-4 inches of solid ice. I had a really good outing. Caught a couple of twelve inch tigers and 30-40 small cutt throut. Last year the state record tiger trout was caught out of palisade. I believe it was around the nine pound range. So they're some nice fish in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts