Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you go with for the money?

Cabelas XT 10x42

Nikon ATB 10x42

What are your experiences?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have the Cabelas 10X42 XT. Love them! The decision back when I bought them was about $$$ and warranty. There was only a few $$$ difference, both are made in Japan, waterproof, etc. Put side by side there was no real difference in optics that I noticed......just price and warranty. Bottom line, if it has the Cabelas name on it, they will take it back....no questions asked. The Nikon's, if I remember right had a one year warranty.

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
Nikon is very good, I have a pair of Monarchs and like them very much.

No experience with the Cabelas brand.

sawsman

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have a pair of 10x42 Cabelas Euros, and the customer service is unmatched, I went in to get a new pair of front lens caps mine broke, and I got a whole new pair of binos because they don't stock the lens caps, point being the warrant is awesome they have taken back quite a few things of mine with no questions asked even some things that they probably shouldn't have, go with cabelas :D

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Nikon and unless you have a Cabela's gift card, don't buy them there. I can get you a pair for 270 bucks, Assuming you're talking about the Monarch ATB's.

That's the UWN price. :wink:

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Are you being silly? I have a set of Zeiss conquest 12-45's and I would trade them any day for a set of Monarchs that are 1/3 the price.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Both eyecups broke, the rubber casing cracked, and they fog up at any hint of moisture. Oh yeah did I mention one of the internal lenses fell loose. I am not excessivly hard on my binocs either. Does anyone know if Nikon honors the No fault policy if you've lost the ricept?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Huge,
How do you like your monarchs?

I have read all of those reviews for both binos. I just wanted to talk to people that have had some experiences first hand.

Later
Dan

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I'll add a quick opinion here: I am a Nikon fan, and own some high-dollar camera equipment as well as optics all of which I've found to be extraordinary for the money. Nikon makes some of the best lenses in the world at all price ranges. One thing I've found though, I wouldn't say their customer service is anywhere near what Leupold, Zeiss, and Swaro offer. I think their value proposition is to offer a very high value product, and they don't toss in all the fluff dollars that correspond to world class customer service. While I've had very few troubles with my gear, getting service and support from Nikon has been slow and somewhat below my expectations overall. Just something to consider when discussing the Cabela's/Zeiss Conquest offerings because both have much more of a no questions asked fast & easy approach.

·
Premium Member
11,689 Posts
hairy1 said:
Huge,
How do you like your monarchs?

I have read all of those reviews for both binos. I just wanted to talk to people that have had some experiences first hand.

Later
Dan
I like them, they are the only ones that I have ever owned over $50, the eye cups can be slighly tempramental, but no big deal. Overall I give them a 9; they are generally known as the best value as most people seem to comment; I would agree with that, no $700 difference to my eyes as I look through the Meopta, Zeiss, etc. Good luck, go try them out and see what you think, it is hard to really try them in a store, seems much more useful to try a buddy's pair in the field when possible.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts