Utah Wildlife Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I don't know man, you seem to like Fox a lot but it's not really my cup of tea and I don't think it's very accurate. You can keep watching it though. None of this matters in a country where one side just used two years of terrorism for political gain though, and that's one set of data you can't use illogic to reason your way out of.

·
Banned
5,015 Posts
I don't know man, you seem to like Fox a lot but it's not really my cup of tea and I don't think it's very accurate. You can keep watching it though. None of this matters in a country where one side just used two years of terrorism for political gain though, and that's one set of data you can't use illogic to reason your way out of.
Like I said. Must be wrong, because you said so on the Internet. The point is, even the most right wing national media source, says you’re wrong.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
If you think that's "the r most right wing media source" I've got news for you bucko. Every one of those polls you're talking about uses their own website or tv channel to advertise for respondents in their polls, that automatically makes the results invalid. No mainstream news source has valid polling numbers because the only reason people watch any of them is for confirmation bias. What's funny is that you're arguing that because the confirmation bias should be some way you assume it should be, all of these data must be accurate.

·
Banned
5,015 Posts
If you think that's "the r most right wing media source" I've got news for you bucko. Every one of those polls you're talking about uses their own website or tv channel to advertise for respondents in their polls, that automatically makes the results invalid. No mainstream news source has valid polling numbers because the only reason people watch any of them is for confirmation bias. What's funny is that you're arguing that because the confirmation bias should be some way you assume it should be, all of these data must be accurate.
Of course, because Jedidiah on a Utah hunting forum says so, I know. You’re much more accurate. (Political bubbles are a hell of a drug). Fox is the most right wing main national media source in the nation and to claim otherwise is simply asinine. And yes, I’m sure the people watching Fox News are watching it because they love gun control.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
And now the standard claiming that I'm saying these things myself when I just gave you thousands of pages of data proving otherwise, and a sample of polling that shows the complete opposite of what the mainstream media says, from respected polling organizations. Don't get mad 1-I, just get educated and you won't need to get mad.

·
Banned
5,015 Posts
And now the standard claiming that I'm saying these things myself when I just gave you thousands of pages of data proving otherwise, and a sample of polling that shows the complete opposite of what the mainstream media says, from respected polling organizations. Don't get mad 1-I, just get educated and you won't need to get mad.
Sorry if I don’t trust looking through a website that looks like a 3 year old created it, and has pop ups every 5 clicks. I get you want to disregard polls and info you don’t like, even when it comes from one of the most staunchly right wing media companies in the nation, but you live in that delusion if you’d like.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Also, again, this is all beside the point when city, state, and federal governments have endorsed open terrorism in our country. There are no popups on that site at all beyond the first one asking for donations or participations in the polls. You can scroll to the bottom of any one of the categories and see the lists of studies and official government data supporting the facts presented.

·
Banned
5,015 Posts
Also, again, this is all beside the point when city, state, and federal governments have endorsed open terrorism in our country. There are no popups on that site at all beyond the first one asking for donations or participations in the polls. You can scroll to the bottom of any one of the categories and see the lists of studies and official government data supporting the facts presented.
This isn’t what we’re talking about here. The website you tried to cite here is a pop up infected, virus prone, propaganda website that looks like a website when the Internet first released. No, I’m not looking through your sketchy, pop up riddled, obvious propaganda laden website. In the first five minutes I had a pop up telling me I was a “Winner, winner, winner”…..yes Jedidah…real legit lol. Why don’t you fill out all your info in one of the “you’re a winner” pop ups if that source is so wonderful.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
You have some kind of infected trash on your computer, wonder what kind of websites you go to. I get none of that and I'm not even running a popup blocker...of course there's also the good chance you're just a liar and not happy about seeing data that goes against your brainwashing.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
This is the list of statistics and articles that the "Guns and Crime Prevention" section gets the entirety of its facts from:

Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, Kleck and Gertz, Fall 1995 ↩
This ongoing victimization survey involved people from the government personally interviewing victims in person. Some criminologists believe this induces self-reporting biases (e.g., people don’t like to tell the government they own a gun). Thus, this low number from the National Crime Victimization Survey is considered to be an outlier and not reliable. ↩
Firearm Violence, 1993-2011, Bureau of Justice Statistics, May 2013 ↩
Estimating intruder-related firearm retrievals in U.S. households, 1994. Robin M. Ikeda, Violence and Victims, Winter 1997 ↩
Armed Resistance to Crime: The Prevalence and Nature of Self-Defense with a Gun, Kleck, Gertz, 1995 ↩
Crime statistics: Bureau of Justice Statistics – National Crime Victimization Survey (2005). DGU statistics: Targeting Guns, Kleck (average of 15 major surveys where DGUs were reported) ↩
Targeting Guns, Gary Kleck, Aldine de Gruyter, 1997, from the National Self-Defense Survey ↩
Targeting Guns, Gary Kleck, Aldine de Gruyter, 1997, from the National Self-Defense Survey ↩
FBI Expanded Homicide Tables 14 and 15, 2017 ↩
Death by Gun: One Year Later, Time Magazine, May 14, 1990 ↩
Unintentional Firearm Deaths, 2001, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control ↩
Targeting Guns, Gary Kleck, Aldine de Gruyter, 1997 ↩
National Crime Victimization Survey, 2000 ↩
Residential Burglary: A Comparison of the United States, Canada and England and Wales, Pat Mayhew, National Institute of Justice., Wash., D.C., 1987 ↩
Armed Resistance to Crime: The Prevalence and Nature of Self-Defense with a Gun, The Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, Vol. 86, No.1, 1995 ↩
Armed and Considered Dangerous: A Survey of Felons and Their Firearms, Wright and Rossi, 1986 ↩
Implications for the Prevention of School Attacks, United States Secret Service and United States Department of Education, 2002 ↩
Shall issue: the new wave of concealed handgun permit laws, Clayton Cramer, David Kopel, Independence Institute Issue Paper. October 17, 1994 ↩
ABC News, July 17, 2001 ↩
Sheriff Greg White, Cole County, Missouri, Guns to be allowed on campus?, KRCG News, July 31, 2009 ↩
The Value of Civilian Handgun Possession as a Deterrent to Crime or a Defense Against Crime, Don B. Kates, 1991 American Journal of Criminal Law ↩
Law Enforcement Assistance Administration, Rape Victimization in 26 American Cities, U.S. Department of Justice, 1979 ↩
National Crime Victimization Survey, Department of Justice ↩
2001 National Gun Policy Survey of the National Opinion Research Center: Research Findings, Smith, T, National Opinion Research Center, University of Chicago, December 2001. ↩
2001 National Gun Policy Survey of the National Opinion Research Center: Research Findings, Smith, T, National Opinion Research Center, University of Chicago, December 2001. ↩
Americans by Slight Margin Say Gun in the Home Makes It Safer, Gallup Poll, October 20, 2006 ↩
Gun Crazy, S.F. Examiner, April 3, 1994 ↩

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Here's the list from the "Mass Shootings" section:

“One or more persons engaged in killing or attempting to kill multiple people in an area (or areas) occupied by multiple unrelated individuals. At least one of the victims must be unrelated to the shooter. The primary motive appears to be mass murder; that is the shooting is not a by-product of an attempt to commit another crime.” United States Active Shooter Events from 2000 to 2010, School of Criminal Justice, Texas State University, 2014 – published by the Federal Bureau of Investigation ↩
“Slaughter of four or more victims by one or a few assailants within a single event, lasting but a few minutes or as long as several hours”, Multiple Homicide: Patterns of Serial and Mass Murder, James Alan Fox, Jack Levin, Crime and Justice, Vol. 23, 1998 ↩
Investigative Assistance for Violent Crimes Act of 2012 ↩
Public Mass Shooters and Firearms: A Cross-National Study of 171 Countries, Lankford, 2016 ↩
How a Botched Study Fooled the World About the U.S. Share of Mass Public Shootings — U.S. Rate is Lower than Global Average, Lott, 2018 ↩
A Study of Active Shooter Incidents in the United States Between 2000 and 2013, FBI, September 2013

Mass Shootings: Media, Myths, and Realities, Jaclyn Schildkraut, H. Jaymi Elsass ↩
The facts shoot holes in Obama’s claim that US is only host to mass killings, John Lott, December 2015 ↩
Mass Shootings: Maybe What We Need Is a Better Mental-Health Policy, Mother Jones, November 2012, analysis of 62 mass public shootings ↩
A Study of The Pre-Attack Behaviors of Active Shooters In The United States Between 2000 and 2013, Federal Bureau of Investigation, 2018 ↩
Repeat tragedy: Rampage shootings in American high school and college settings, 2002–2008. American Behavioral Scientist, 52, 1286–1308. ↩
Auditing Shooting Rampage Statistics, Davi Barker, July 2013 and updated thereafter ↩
Crime Prevention Research Center web site ↩
A Guide to Mass Shootings in America, Mother Jones, May 2014 ↩
Mass Shootings in America: Moving Beyond Newtown, Homicide Studies, 2013 ↩
Mass Murder in the United States: A History, McFarland, June 2007 ↩

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
So there you go. Even if you were telling the truth about the security and content of the website, which you are not and this isn't the first time you've tried this sort of thing, now folks can do some of their own reading and be safe.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Why do people on this site, who should be educated on rifles more than those not educated on rifles, still continue to call an AR style rifle as an ‘assault rifle’.
Do your homework and Google up the definition and history of the AR-10,15 style rifles already.
Years of conditioning. We stopped putting insane people away right about the time the rise of the militant left started and it's not a coincidence...many people who need medication and supervision run news outlets in all levels of the mass media organizations and they peddle their perversion and insanity to millions just like them.

·
Banned
5,015 Posts
You have some kind of infected trash on your computer, wonder what kind of websites you go to. I get none of that and I'm not even running a popup blocker...of course there's also the good chance you're just a liar and not happy about seeing data that goes against your brainwashing.
The website you directed me to, looks like a middle school student did it. And no, I visited it on my IPhone…you know Apple…one of the most heavily protective devices available, and still got stupid scam ads. Your sketchy website is trash, sorry about that.

·
Banned
5,015 Posts
Why do people on this site, who should be educated on rifles more than those not educated on rifles, still continue to call an AR style rifle as an ‘assault rifle’.
Do your homework and Google up the definition and history of the AR-10,15 style rifles already.
It’s semantics. We all know what guns we’re referring to here. I’ve said semi-automatic weapons, and I’m referring to all semi-automatic weapons in most of what I’m saying.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The website you directed me to, looks like a middle school student did it. And no, I visited it on my IPhone…you know Apple…one of the most heavily protective devices available, and still got stupid scam ads. Your sketchy website is trash, sorry about that.
I'm on unmodified Chrome on a desktop, I've never seen anything like what you're talking about and never done anything to prevent it. You either have an infected device or you're a liar.
Rectangle Operating system Font Display device Screenshot

·
Banned
5,015 Posts
I'm on unmodified Chrome on a desktop, I've never seen anything like what you're talking about and never done anything to prevent it. You either have an infected device or you're a liar.
Yeah bro, definitely me who’s lying here. Between these and asking me for a donation for their sketchy propaganda website, I’m not spending a minute more on it. . I’ve been the 5 billionth click twice now! So stoked to get my Samsung TV!

Product Organism Font Screenshot Software

101 - 120 of 151 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.