Utah Wildlife Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 151 Posts

·
Banned
5,015 Posts
Now click on something lol. I’m not arguing with you over your website that looks like it was designed by a child any more. Defend it all you want.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
You 100% have your phone all trashed up. I just went to the site on my desktop, sent you a gif of me doing it. I just went to it again on my phone, no ads except for their own popup asking for donations.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
iPhones are the most secure because of their market share, but that doesn't help when 100% of the sub-100 IQ people in the world use them. No one can write enough code to fix stupid. Go run gunfacts.info through some website checkers, here I did one for you.

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I hate to differ (Vanilla can't hear me anyway) but you're wrong, Webster's changed their definition to assist the crazies in pushing gun control. Don't like reality? No worries, just make it what you want. Ruger 10-22? Assault rifle. Airsoft guns, many BB guns, paintball guns, gel blaster guns, even some nailguns? Assault rifles now, baby!

·
Registered
11,051 Posts
Dallan, I just finished that clip and you are right, it was put together very well.
Too bad it wasn’t a little shorter so that more people would be willing to watch it.
Thank you for sharing.
Yea his point about the availability of the popular 30 carbine with high capacity mags post WWII, that you can mail order to your home with no background checks was very interesting. No real difference in the number of mass shootings then until now. Definitions of what a mass shooting is seems to be changing.

It is lengthy... but its worth the watch. IMO he covered it pretty fair and made some good points to ponder.

He's had some interesting gun videos in the past, I've been watching his channel off and on for a few years now.

-DallanC

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Does anyone else appreciate the fact that 1-I just did the liberal meme of pretending the website is unfit when it contains the complete undoing of his position in fully factual information and is in fact provably sound?

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Nope. Looks like a BS site to me.

Way off topic, though. Looks like a final draft from the Senate may not drop before the recess. Hung up on Red Flag and Boyfriend Loophole. Watch this space.

·
Banned
5,015 Posts
Does anyone else appreciate the fact that 1-I just did the liberal meme of pretending the website is unfit when it contains the complete undoing of his position in fully factual information and is in fact provably sound?
Your website is terrible. Does anyone appreciate Jedidiah will broadcast a website as his main source when it looks like it was made by a middle school student and operates like it too? Moving on though as I said.

·
Banned
5,015 Posts
It’s not though. “Assault rifle” has a specific meaning, and so many of the guns being called “assault rifles” do not actually fit that definition.

Why would we want to be accurate in our descriptions though? Why would that be important? Silly semantics…
We all know what guns we are referring to. Telling people “you don’t even know what assault rifle technically means” is not an effective argument. Everyone in this conversation knows we are referring to long barrel semi-automatic rifles. If you want to debate terms to deflect, okay that’s fine, but none of us are unsure of what we’re talking about here. So yes, in this conversation it is largely semantics.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
To each his own. For anyone that's not a manchild, the Mass Shootings section here:

And the Guns and Crime Prevention section here:

...have some great facts based on actual studies and statistics instead of a bunch of SSRI and Clonazepam addicts responding to a mainstream media poll.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 · (Edited)
We all know what guns we are referring to. Telling people “you don’t even know what assault rifle technically means” is not an effective argument. Everyone in this conversation knows we are referring to long barrel semi-automatic rifles. If you want to debate terms to deflect, okay that’s fine, but none of us are unsure of what we’re talking about here. So yes, in this conversation it is largely semantics.
As pistols are often used by mass murderers, I included them in those that would be reclassified. All centerfire semiautos that use detachable magazines, long gun or handgun. Think John Wick.

·
Banned
5,015 Posts
As pistols are often used by mass murderers, I included them in those that would be reclassified. All centerfire semiautos that use detachable magazines, long gun or handgun. Think John Wick.
I’ve been including all semi-automatic weapons in what I would like to see happen, so I agree with you pistols as well. I’m just saying when people bring up the “that’s not actually an assault rifle”……well it’s not the term people are focused on it’s the long barrel semi-automatic rifles that can hold magazines with 20,30, hell even 100 rounds. I’m just saying, it’s all semantics when we all know what everyone is talking about whether they call it an assault rifle or ArmaLite…like no one having the discussion doesn’t know what everyone in the discussion is referring to.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
How is it that you people are unable to have any kind of real world discussion without referencing fantasy entertainment? Hands down 100% the time, any conversation will contain a reference to pop culture with an inference that movies are real life. It seems like that could be a marker for schizophrenia.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
How is it that you people are unable to have any kind of real world discussion without referencing fantasy entertainment? Hands down 100% the time, any conversation will contain a reference to pop culture with an inference that movies are real life. It seems like that could be a marker for schizophrenia.
Uh, that was a joke.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
You can say my desire to actually be accurate in this discussion is a deflection, but to me it makes me think you accept ignorance simply because it agrees with your position.

I’ll value accuracy over politics any day. Let me restate that again: I’ll value accuracy over politics any day. Words have meaning and they matter. Especially when things get convoluted like this topic gets all the time. If you think that’s deflection, then go see the handful of specific measures I’ve proposed on this very forum on this topic. I don’t see you coming forth with much other than criticizing others. Kind of your MO.

You call it semantics, I’ll call it ignorance. Accuracy over politics any day. Words matter. Deflect that.

Then go read my specific proposals.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I don't post here a lot anymore, mostly when something really interesting comes up, but I do read a good deal and ignore most of it. This particular post catches my attention because it's such a perfect paddler formulation: he's going to say something no one wants to hear and he's going to say it over and over, and he's going to update you on it by posting to his own thread for over a year. If you engage, he doesn't want to hear anything about the subject except what he's set for the parameters. He knows almost no one here is on his side in anything he wants to tell us about but he's going to beat you over the head with it and complain when you don't argue the way he wants you to.

This form of gun control, all of it, is immoral. It's immoral because it's a matter of punishing 330 million people for what less than two dozen have done in more than 20 years, and more importantly it's immoral because it causes more harm to people's ability to avoid death and injury by far. It's unconstitutional, the Constitution provided for the ability to keep the same arms as the military for the purpose of defending the country from invaders and their own government: if our government wants to use weapons of war on any of us in significant enough numbers that act itself makes the government illegitimate and makes the arms necessary. That's a good thing, no part of the country should have the power to subjugate another part through force, much as the left seems to think they should.

I don't care if you think it's "outside the subject matter". You're communists and fascists, and I'm ashamed to share my home with you.

121 - 140 of 151 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.