Utah Wildlife Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Looks like the Senate panel has agreed on the text of a draft bill but it hasn't been released yet.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I'm sure the dip chits will think that an "AR" rifle is an "Automatic Rifle" and not what it really is. "Armalite Rifle" that was developed by the company back in the 1950's. And get this....They were based out of California.

Guess I better begin recruiting new members of the NRA.

·
Administrator
8,229 Posts
Wouldn’t it be a strange world if we would listen to each other’s ideas, internalize them, then respond with an equally thought provoking response?

I’m reminded of an old poem that was quoted in the classic western, Rooster Cogburn:

“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard:
Why can't we all be like that bird?”

I want you to consider this before you respond:

Topics like this are important. They are necessary. This thread is currently not an exchange of ideas or an effective use of your time when throwing words against a wall. Are we acting any better than the fat cats of Washington on this Forum or are we stopping to their levels with every rebuff and retort?

·
Banned
5,015 Posts
I don't post here a lot anymore, mostly when something really interesting comes up, but I do read a good deal and ignore most of it. This particular post catches my attention because it's such a perfect paddler formulation: he's going to say something no one wants to hear and he's going to say it over and over, and he's going to update you on it by posting to his own thread for over a year. If you engage, he doesn't want to hear anything about the subject except what he's set for the parameters. He knows almost no one here is on his side in anything he wants to tell us about but he's going to beat you over the head with it and complain when you don't argue the way he wants you to.

This form of gun control, all of it, is immoral. It's immoral because it's a matter of punishing 330 million people for what less than two dozen have done in more than 20 years, and more importantly it's immoral because it causes more harm to people's ability to avoid death and injury by far. It's unconstitutional, the Constitution provided for the ability to keep the same arms as the military for the purpose of defending the country from invaders and their own government: if our government wants to use weapons of war on any of us in significant enough numbers that act itself makes the government illegitimate and makes the arms necessary. That's a good thing, no part of the country should have the power to subjugate another part through force, much as the left seems to think they should.

I don't care if you think it's "outside the subject matter". You're communists and fascists, and I'm ashamed to share my home with you.
Yeah….that last sentence standing for nearly 24 hours now, shows what hypocrites the mods here are in what they decide to sensor.

·
Banned
5,015 Posts
Nope.......
I would !! Just to spite you.
Support gun rights entirely or not….the NRA is a corrupt and horrible organization at this point well beyond what some hate them for. The NRA is just not a good organization.

·
Administrator
8,229 Posts
Yeah….that last sentence standing for nearly 24 hours now, shows what hypocrites the mods here are in what they decide to sensor.
Thanks for that.

141 - 151 of 151 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.