Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking of getting one of these. Bird hitch or wing slinger. Your thoughts on which one you like? Tired of cleaning my old school way...

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have never used a wing slinger...but I have used a bird hitch when we hunted Canada. You can sure go threw a pile of geese in a hurry! If you are going to transport & have to leave a wing attached they are the only way to go. In my opinion for bag limits here you just don't usually have the number of birds to warrent its use.

·
Super Moderator
3,409 Posts
I have used the bird hitch on a couple spring snow goose hunts and most recently in Canada. It makes cleaning a breeze and even the big Canadians come apart very easily with it. My vote goes to the bird hitch.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I have a bird hitch and I can clean 7 birds in about 2 minutes. it works awesome!

If your around the Riverton area or want to come give it a try your more than welcome

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
The bird hitch was a lifesaver on our spring snow goose hunt. For Utah hunting, IMO by the time you get it out, run your birds through, clean it, and put it away, you may as well just breast them out. If you like to leave the breast meat on the bone, though, it will speed things up nicely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts