Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a fun trip with my Dad to Idaho this past weekend. We were in our spot by 11 and the geese were flying everywhere. We setup and didn't think much about ducks as we headed out for geese. Well that was a little mistake. The ducks still wanted in bad enough that we were able to have a decent little shoot on ducks. Could of killed way more, but we were trying to focus in on geese. It was crazy windy and a few groups worked the spread. We just couldn't get it perfect how we wanted. Ended with 6 ducks and 5 geese. Had some cool firsts though. Shot my first banded duck! It was a giant beautiful mallard that I thought for sure was banded in Canada. I was way wrong as the bird was banded about 1 hour northeast of where it was killed. Saw my first blonde goose. It was in a big group and they took a look at the spread just wanted the winter wheat rather than the corn. Also saw some speckelbellies. Again the group took a look just not in range. Awesome fun last hunt for the year in Idaho. Now, hopefully I can get out on some geese at home.

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
Congrats on the first!
I still remember exactly my first band, it was a Scaup I killed at Farmington Bay that was banded in Lousiana.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Nice job! Looks like a ton of fun, and a banded duck on top is just a bonus!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts