Utah Wildlife Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

Registered

A new one to me....fly fishing equipment is having supply issues. Read an article today that not only are rods and packs flying off the shelves but stateside fly tying is being affected by a hook backorder pushing as far out as this autumn. Might be time for me to look at my needs for August before it's too late.

Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!, its one thing for Biden and the liburls to take away my guns, but they can't have my fishing equipment too!

Better start hoarding. ;)

Registered
Luckily I went through my grandfather's house and took all of his rusty old hooks. I'm sitting on a gold mine. I think I'm better off then even Coinbase or Tesla. 馃挵馃挵馃挵馃挵.

I think I'll look into buying a second home in Bora Bora.

Registered
My wife and I purchased our first home in 2013 for 155k. We sold it two years later for a nice profit. The current market valuation of it is $484K. 馃ぎ馃ぎ

3.12x increase in eight years is simply insane... I sure wish I would've held onto it for the last eight years!!
Bought my house in the same year I think, 185K after closing. Still in same house, probably worth 350K now according to zillow. Here's the thing, if you had held onto your house, and sold it in todays market, if your staying in Utah, where would you go? Or to rephrase the question, why would you submit yourself to the insanity that is todays housing market looking for a replacement?

A couple weeks ago, I was reading news about one house getting something like 95 bids. Lots of houses are getting out of state bids site unseen. Lots of locals will now bid on a house first, before even looking at it. It's absolutely nuts. Same news articles were citing how Utah is now the toughest housing market in the country. No thanks.

If I was to sell, It means i'm leaving Utah...... for Alaska. (that said, I think prices are up there too)

Super Moderator
Bought my house in the same year I think, 185K after closing. Still in same house, probably worth 350K now according to zillow. Here's the thing, if you had held onto your house, and sold it in todays market, if your staying in Utah, where would you go? Or to rephrase the question, why would you submit yourself to the insanity that is todays housing market looking for a replacement?

A couple weeks ago, I was reading news about one house getting something like 95 bids. Lots of houses are getting out of state bids site unseen. Lots of locals will now bid on a house first, before even looking at it. It's absolutely nuts. Same news articles were citing how Utah is now the toughest housing market in the country. No thanks.

If I was to sell, It means i'm leaving Utah...... for Alaska. (that said, I think prices are up there too)
At the time, I had an individual who offered to rent it from me for $600 more a month than my payment. It would made sense to hold onto it and rent it out. But we鈥檝e lived in Chicago and Dallas since then and I don鈥檛 want the hassle of living in a different state and having to worry about renters. Now, I see how short sighted I was. Investments in real estate and rental properties is now a good portion of my retirement portfolio.

Super Moderator
I just got my new home appraisal from the county here in Colorado. Not too bad of a increase only $10k.

But like Lone_Hunter said, if I sell my home even for a exaggerated price where am I going to go to get one comparable?

Right now I have a half acre, a 2 1/2 car garage, but my home is only a 2 bedroom. I could downsize my lot but I love that big garage.

Registered
Our house is 4 bed, 3 bath, with a 3 car garage. It was built in 89 (we bought it brand new) and was probably one of the last with a large "living room" and a smaller "family room". The living room hardly gets used at all.
We have been thinking about downsizing to a 3 bed, 2 bath, with a big "great room".
But.......I want to up grade to a 5 car garage. It's impossible to have too much garage.
I have the 3 car garage now AND 2 storage sheds for my car and 4 wheelers, jet skis, etc.

Could sell the house for a bunch, but like has been said......would have to replace it.
Right now that would be a nightmare. Everything is paid for, so I'll wait it out.

The bigger garage would be the most important thing :cool:

Registered
At the time, I had an individual who offered to rent it from me for $600 more a month than my payment. It would made sense to hold onto it and rent it out. But we鈥檝e lived in Chicago and Dallas since then and I don鈥檛 want the hassle of living in a different state and having to worry about renters. Now, I see how short sighted I was. Investments in real estate and rental properties is now a good portion of my retirement portfolio.
Good point on renting. Right now that would be lucrative, but the maintenance and all that would be a hassle. I have a few inlaws that have rental properties; and I'm guessing it does well for them.

On a related note, I vaugley remember something about people who use their houses like an ATM on the equity, keep the house, then turn around and buy another. If housing ever crashes, those people are going to be in deep manure.

On another tangent thought, I'd hate to have the price of todays mortgages hanging over my head.

Registered
And now we have a river blockage here in the States to compound distribution chains. IDK if anyone saw this. The Mississippi river is closed due to a bridge with a catastrophic crack discovery.

-DallanC

41 - 51 of 51 Posts