Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a boat recently- be a winter project on repairing a few things and adding items- just replaced the wood on a center console. Adding a uo right rod holder- replaced some seats- a couple storage areas I am going to replace the wood lids. Anything you have added to a boat that I should consider ?

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Keurig coffee maker and an 8 trak tape player would be my first two suggestions.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have of those- including a Craig 8 track player- except the mud motor- will be looking for a 9.9 Johnson or something in that range as a trolling motor. I married a Swede in a bikini

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
I have of those- including a Craig 8 track player- except the mud motor- will be looking for a 9.9 Johnson or something in that range as a trolling motor. I married a Swede in a bikini
Pics or it didn't happen !!!!-/|\\-

Sorry I just couldn't let that go by...LOL

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you that second one is a nice motor- didn't pull the trigger today on a nice 14ft with a 15 hp Johnson on it- all for $600. Debated for a couple of hours and then missed out by 10 minutes the guy said- would have been a nice drive to Island Park

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Always oars and a tow rope and xtra long battery jumper cables.- and a second smaller trolling motor ( 10HP or so)to get one home just in case. Looking at installing a do it your self rod rack along the side right now. Probably put in a small windshield on the center console to tuck behind if needed. Buddy has offered his 85 Merc this spring to upgrade from the 50 I have on it now. Slowly coming along. Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The must have so far have been
cutting, staining waterproofing two storage container lids to mount 2 new swivel seats on to- done

cutting, staining waterproofing and putting a storage door in under the front bow- done

getting a drivers swivel seat and a swivel seat for the front deck- done

cutting, staining waterproofing a new side wood for the side console
mounting 3 rod holders on it- done

mounting a rod holder down either side.- done

ordering a bimini top and boat cover. not here yet

getting a new fish finder- done

son coming up with his sand blaster and will repaint boat.

ordered original Crestliner decals to put on after paint job.

it's a coming.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
finishing project.
tore out back deck- replaced all wood and re-carpeted.
took boat to Henrys- 50 HP Merc too small to get off lake safely.
came home bought a boat on KSL that had a 115 Merc. Spent 16 hrs switching motors- replacing all gas lines and a wiring harness. Sold the newer boat for what I bought it for.
Put on a side console windshield.
Put on a trolling motor mount for the 6hp Johnson I bartered for.
Build a planner board mast that slips over the front deck chair pedestal .
Total bill for all components was $487.

Boat moves. Looks like a fishing boat. Just to need to paint or not later this year.

·
Premium Member
3,761 Posts
finishing project.
tore out back deck- replaced all wood and re-carpeted.
took boat to Henrys- 50 HP Merc too small to get off lake safely.
came home bought a boat on KSL that had a 115 Merc. Spent 16 hrs switching motors- replacing all gas lines and a wiring harness. Sold the newer boat for what I bought it for.
Put on a side console windshield.
Put on a trolling motor mount for the 6hp Johnson I bartered for.
Build a planner board mast that slips over the front deck chair pedestal .
Total bill for all components was $487.

Boat moves. Looks like a fishing boat. Just to need to paint or not later this year.
Pics?

·
Premium Member
3,761 Posts
Looks great.

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Jimminey Christmas... a 115hp on that boat...I hope you got your pilots license before going out on the water with it. :grin:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts