Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious about registration fees for jon boats. I'm running a 15x42 and just got my registration renewal and it seems pretty steep. Anyone else have the same problem and or suggestions?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just curious about registration fees for jon boats. I'm running a 15x42 and just got my registration renewal and it seems pretty steep. Anyone else have the same problem and or suggestions?
I run an older (mid 80s) partial Vhull 14x42 and it was about $50 to renew. Not sure what to compare it to personally so just is what it is to me. But hopefully that helps in your comparison!

·
Registered
6,307 Posts
I pay $38 for my 2008 1648 Jon.....You need to make sure it is registered as a utility boat. DO NOT let the state register it by length. If you bought the boat new and let the dealer register it for you I guarantee that's where the problem lies.

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
go in to the dmv and tell them that the boat is a jon boat. Then they will fix the problem and charge you what it should be. then you wont have this problem again. Depending on what dmv you go to and you have problems let me know and i might be able to help you out with it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
The DMV messes mine up every year. I get charged as a 19' ski boat instead of a jon boat. And every year I have to argue to get it corrected. They always say it is fixed for next time but never is. Dustin was able to help me get it fixed the first time I had the problem. Now I just have to tell them to look how it was registered the year prior.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had no idea... I won't tell you what they bent me over for this year!!

Reactions: Fowlmouth

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just went and registered mine today made sure it was as a utility boat had to pay sales tax of 3 dollars the new updated registration fee as of July 31st and it was 65 bucks the new state registration fee is 50 dollars and then Jon boat fee is 10 bucks plus tax they are getting you coming and going on these

·
Registered
6,307 Posts
I just went and registered mine today made sure it was as a utility boat had to pay sales tax of 3 dollars the new updated registration fee as of July 31st and it was 65 bucks the new state registration fee is 50 dollars and then Jon boat fee is 10 bucks plus tax they are getting you coming and going on these
Does that include the invasive species fee? (Quagga Muscles)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well... the County assessor went a little rough. Turns out I overpaid $140!!! The lady basically told me there was nothing I could do until it came due for registration again. I was like, look.... you are the government and you owe me money. Legally you can't keep it. I was like, who can I talk to above you? She said to talk to the Treasurer's office... I went over there, told them what was going on and she had me fill out a request for refund. Now... will I get it back? I don't know... but believe me I will be following up!

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
Well... the County assessor went a little rough. Turns out I overpaid $140!!! The lady basically told me there was nothing I could do until it came due for registration again. I was like, look.... you are the government and you owe me money. Legally you can't keep it. I was like, who can I talk to above you? She said to talk to the Treasurer's office... I went over there, told them what was going on and she had me fill out a request for refund. Now... will I get it back? I don't know... but believe me I will be following up!
yes you will get that 140 back from them. they will send a check to you.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Took me 2 1/2 months... but I'm happy to report I got the $$$ back! Woot... thank you for your support and help on this! Will make my life much easier in the future...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts