Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These are only winter visitors and don't come every year. This year there seems to be a lot of them around. Look where there is crab apples, Mountain Ash berries and juniper. They like the fruit that is still on the trees. These can be distinguished from the Cedar Waxwing by the color of the under tail coverts. Yellow on the Cedar and rufous on the Bohemian. Sometimes they come in large flocks numbered in the hundreds. In this group there was 26.

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Nice James. I don't think I've ever seen them either. Where would be a good place to view them? My wife is a huge bird buff and I have been putting together a photo album of birds for her.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Great pictures- There was a flock in Paradise this weekend. James did you catch the moon sets over the Wellsvilles this lat week. Incredible- I think it happens at sunrise like twice a year and the sunrise this morning over Cache Valley was also a sight to see.
Wish I had your photographic ability.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is a Utah Bird site. If you want to look at the postings you can find out where people have been seeing the birds. Here is the link:

http://utahbirds.org/HotlineReports.htm

These birds seem to have wander lust and no telling where they will show up. You just have to be alert for a flock of birds either in a tree of flying. They do like fruit and berries.

Thanks for your comments.

I will have to confess, though I have been watching the moon of late I haven't taken any pictures of it. Here is a recent sunset pic:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.