Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,803 Posts
I'll be headed out there is a couple of more weeks. I have a muzzle loader tag for them. It is the first time that I have been able to hunt deer out there since they close it after the 95 season, at least with a tag in my pocket.

I have be able to go out on a couple of other deer hunts there along with a few elk hunts there also.

Good luck on the archery hunt.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Average to above average buck for the Books. I'd keep an eye on him in the event you can't find a better one.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yep, above average buck for the Books anymore. He has 4 on both sides, which is become more and more rare. He has a big belly too, so he is probably an older buck to boot.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Looks like he will be a good buck for the book cliffs this year. How many bucks did you see out there? Is this one you would like to put your tag on?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Saw close to 50 bucks I would guess. Lost track after like 30. He was probably one of like the 5 biggest. And none of the others were much better if at all. Lots of small bucks also.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I would shoot him. I think he would be a good archery buck--decent mass, tall, and still some time to add length to his tines. Good luck on the hunt. I should draw that tag next year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts