Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I drew a Book Cliffs archery deer tag. I plan on spending some time down there the next couple of months. Hoping to harvest a mature buck. I realize it may not be the place to hope for any thing crazy big.
Any pointers? I realize a lot of people hate these posts. But just figured I'd throw it out there and see what I get.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
To tell you the truth there are no secrete spots that hold big bucks. The reason is it all gets hit equally hard with all the tags given out. All you can do is do your scouting and find the type of bucks your looking for. Your looking for a buck that made it one more year then the rest. Scouting also gives you an idea of what's a shooter buck and what's not a shooter buck.

The good news is anything you find should be in the same area come archery season unlike scouting for muzzy and rifle hunts. Scouting for those hunts are better done the year before durring the actual hunting season.

·
Registered
9,801 Posts
Where the deer are at on the archery hunt is not where they are on the muzzleloader, and certainly not where they are on the rifle. Find someone who archery hunts there and ask them. All advice will generally be right up on top in canyons with some water, lol.

-DallanC

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. From what I've herd I should see a lot of deer. Hope that's the case. Anyway looking forward to a good hunt. Hopefully I can get it done early and go fishing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts