Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fortunate enough to be able to go on two book cliffs hunts this year. Too bad neither was for me. My dad finally drew out for elk, and my sister got a deer tag.

I'm not certain what the elk scores; the taxidermist's measurements didn't agree with those the guide made, so I'll let all you professionals give me the true score. It can be hard to see in the pictures but it is a 7x7; the right side 5th forks near the top. No matter what it scores, though, it is still the biggest elk my dad has ever gotten. Come to think of it, it is his first, too (and probably his last).

My sister is really pleased with her deer. I would have liked to see her get something a little wider from the book cliffs (it is about 20"), but it was her hunt and she made the final decision to shoot. And it is still the biggest deer to be harvested by my family, so she has all the bragging rights.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Congrats to both your dad and your sister! That is a good looking Bull! I would have shot him. Way to let your sister take control of her hunt (even though it's not what you would have done)....Kudos for that! It is still a decent looking buck. Way to build the memories.....!

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
congrats to your dad and sister. it sound liek you guys had a great time. that a dandy bull there and a realy nice buck that your sister got. i would be happy with both of them .

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Great bull, His left g4's are a little small that probably hurt his score but I would have taken him in a hartbeat. As for the score I would venture to guess, give it a minute and pro will give ya a score and he knows his stuff. :D

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
I'd call him mid 350's. Maybe a bit bigger, I can't see a few things. What say ye pro?

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
345 1/8

Nice bull and nice buck, congrats to your kinfolk.

PRO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts