Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I was able to draw a late rifle bull tag for the Book Cliffs! I am planning on going out this summer to try and get a start on learning the roads and the terrain. I know I need to learn good access routes and the best places to fuel and supply, I would appreciate any tips on getting into the unit from your experience. I will be pulling a small trailer and bringing an ATV as I understand there are some pretty rough roads that I may not want to drive with my 3/4 ton truck. I have been waiting for 13 years to draw this tag so am pretty excited! Best part is my son is getting out of the Marines just in time to fly home and jump in the truck to go with me!(hopefully the timing will work out, with the Military you never know) Thanks

·
Registered
787 Posts
The best access is going in through the Ouray area, it's about half way between Roosevelt and Vernal , and go all the way south on Seep Ridge Rd. They have now paved that road all the way through so it isn't quite the trek it used to be. An ATV will be helpful as there is lots of road and trails to cover. I have never been down there that late so I wouldn't be much help on where the elk will be. The Bookcliffs is an awesome place though, you will have lots of fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts