Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Beautiful pics thresh, you got quite the knack for photography, not to mention fishing! When I went to the Boulders it was only for three days, sure wish I could get a week or more to be down there I loved it.

·
Administrator
21,399 Posts
Very nice indeedee.

·
Registered
976 Posts
There must be something wrong with my camera, my picture taking skills, or my fishing skills. My pictures never turn out that good.
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Those brookies are amazing. Nice photos.

My HD computer screen died on Friday and I finally got a new monitor, but its not HD. The photos are still great but my new screen is doing them great injustice.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Wow bravo!!! o-|| o-|| o-||

What area of the boulders? North south east or west is good enough if you feel like sharing.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't mind sharing anything about the Boulder. It's far enough away that most people don't make the trip, and many areas (like this one) can benefit from more visitors keeping some fish to help with stunting issues.

These photos were all taken at Donkey Reservoir.

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
Nice pix. Thanks sharkman!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
They were working on the road to Donkey the last time I was up. Hopefully this winter and the melt will make it a little tougher.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They have improved that road many times over the years, and it always tends to degrade to a moderate state of roughness in a short time. I've heard they have some plans to modify the dam at Donkey, to reduce some of the shallow areas the brookies are using to spawn and overpopulate. If so, the road improvements will likey be washed away within a few seasons.

Even though the road isn't what I consider "bad" and hasn't been for the last 8+ years (meaning that a stock 4x4 has no problem accessing the lake) it's always been rough because of the rocky terrain. The last 3 or 4 miles of dirt road usually take about an hour to negotiate unless you're on a 4wheeler, and in my experience the area doesn't get heavy use. It could acutally use more visitors to keep some fish and help with stunting. The downside is that there are very few places to camp up there...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts