Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Senior Goof
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, finally got my first bow. Problem is, not sure the best routine to sight it in. I have a 5 pin sight. Any advice or best method would be great.

Also, anyone fairly local (I can drive N or S a bit) that would be willing to help me out and do some shooting, I would certainly appreciate that!

·
Senior Goof
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Come on out to Farmington on Wednesday and I can help you get sighted in if you want. What bow and sight did you get?
Where do you shoot at? What time?

I got a Mathews ChillR. The site is just a truglo 5 pin. Got a steal on a package and figured once I had more range time I can always upgrade.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm open any day to shoot really. If you want to go for Thursday we can do it then as well or Friday. Just let me know what day works. I'm always up for shooting.

·
Senior Goof
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Big thanks to Manysteps.. Headed out to his family farm last night and started to get some pins on paper. I have some work to do, but couldn't have done it without him

Bass2, I will still take you up on that offer. I am going to Zac Brown tomorrow but will see whats in store Friday if you are gonna be up shooting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bass2 where do you go against the mountain? I'm trying find somewhere to shoot as well that isn't too far away. I'd have two other shooters with me as well that are new to archery hunting and need the practice. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
4 yards will be close to 40.

Put your 40 level in the center of your housing and sight it in first using the big bolts on your sight. Don't mess with the fine adjustments. This will keep your forty centered in your sight housing and keep a uniform look to your pins. I hate looking at crooked pins it's an OCD thing.

Then sight in 20 and 60. You can get them close by shooting 2 yards for 60 and 6 to 10 for 20 yards. Again that should keep you from missing the target unless your shooting a small target.

Then just split your pins for 30 and 50.

·
Senior Goof
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
4 yards will be close to 40.

Put your 40 level in the center of your housing and sight it in first using the big bolts on your sight. Don't mess with the fine adjustments. This will keep your forty centered in your sight housing and keep a uniform look to your pins. I hate looking at crooked pins it's an OCD thing.

Then sight in 20 and 60. You can get them close by shooting 2 yards for 60 and 6 to 10 for 20 yards. Again that should keep you from missing the target unless your shooting a small target.

Then just split your pins for 30 and 50.
This really works? That's crazy!

·
Registered
692 Posts
This really works? That's crazy!
I've never tried the 2 yards for 60 thing, but 4 yards for 40 is definitely right... learned that at the last 3D shoot I played in... (4 yard shot at an alligator target)

·
Senior Goof
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've never tried the 2 yards for 60 thing, but 4 yards for 40 is definitely right... learned that at the last 3D shoot I played in... (4 yard shot at an alligator target)
When I come out and shoot next we might as well try it on my bow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts