Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks like you’ve had some great rifle hunts!

For sure, as stated, get measured for your draw length at a shop. Going new, if you go with one of the top end bows/brands, expect to be near $2k between bow, rest, sight, release, stabilizer, quiver, arrows, and broadheads and a target. If you don’t get one of the top end flagship bows, you can be closer to a $1000 package.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with a used bow. Just get some help to inspect it all, if you’re not sure what red flags to look for. This time of year, as the new release bows come out you can find some really good used bows just a year or two old. (Think closer to 700-900$, sometimes with some accessories included)

Then again, if the money is available, buy once, cry once, and have a sweet set up. I bought several budget bows, looking to upgrade a little at a time. I’ve slowly spent an awful lot of money to slowly upgrade.

One important aspect - be sure to look at success rate differences, and set realistic expectations. Shooting a bow sure is fun, and you can really get hooked fast! Good luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
My first set up was a diamond black ice, used, from scheels. They were happy to help get all the specs set for me, arrow spine and build, etc for right under 500. But it was a pretty out dated bow, and just the cheap basics for accessories. I felt like I’d out grown that pretty quickly. It was a blast, but certainly left me wanting more.
OnceI had help with getting started, KSL had lots of great used options.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts