Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm bringing my little scout troop to the RAC in Springville tomorrow night. Might be cool if others did the same. I know there are some scout leaders on here, and it would be neat to see a bunch of kids there... and show them there's more to life than video games, of course. I'm gonna stretch the requirements a bit and use it for the Citizenship in the Community merit badge. After all, it's way more entertaining than a city council meeting.

http://wildlife.utah.gov/board-rac.html

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Hey man, video games pay for all my hunting / fishing / camping!

Seriously though taking the scouts is a great idea, kudo's for getting them involved. That Citizenship merit badge is a rough one for alot of kids to get done. Wish our area's scouting had more support, its dismal here and even the leaders dont care.

-DallanC

·
Registered
527 Posts
The bucks and bulls RAC can last till after midnight depending on how long it takes for SFW to get their way.
Way cool your getting them involved. Have them start the wave at some point.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I think it's a great idea too.
If you do get up and speak.
Please don't be like many scout leaders in public and make a complete idiot/ass of yourself.
:shock:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it's a great idea too.
If you do get up and speak.
Please don't be like many scout leaders in public and make a complete idiot/ass of yourself.
:shock:
Ha. Come on. Goblin Valley was a long time ago, and I was just trying to make it safer for others :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
So was there any talk about the Stansbury sheep tags?
Why only three tags are proposed?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah. The RAC mentioned that they all got an email (I assume from you), and they addresses it. The biologist said when they flew 2 years ago they counted 10 class 3 and class 4 rams. Six have now been harvested since then and he knows of another 8 year old that died. He said they have had a "little disease issue" and they didn't get to fly this year because of weather so until they fly next year he wanted to stay conservative on tag numbers.

The RAC voted to keep wasatch bull tags at 2014 levels and everything else passed as recommended.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
The RAC voted to keep wasatch bull tags at 2014 levels and everything else passed as recommended.
Too little too late on the Wasatch elk..................

Hopefuly the WB takes it further than this.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yeah. The RAC mentioned that they all got an email (I assume from you), and they addresses it. The biologist said when they flew 2 years ago they counted 10 class 3 and class 4 rams. Six have now been harvested since then and he knows of another 8 year old that died. He said they have had a "little disease issue" and they didn't get to fly this year because of weather so until they fly next year he wanted to stay conservative on tag numbers.

So they went to fly it this year on the only day in the last 60 days that had a cloud in the sky? Come on DWR, thats a pyss poor excuse. Weather??? There hasnt been weather this year.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So they went to fly it this year on the only day in the last 60 days that had a cloud in the sky? Come on DWR, thats a pyss poor excuse. Weather??? There hasnt been weather this year.
I think that was the problem. Snow and tracks make a big difference in finding sheep.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts