Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to build 2 AR's with a budget of $750 per gun. Does anyone have a build list they'd be willing to share in this range? I was planning on getting an upper and lower from PSA, however today they have this blemished complete AR for $550.00

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar15-16-m4-cmv-rifle-blem.html

Do I mess with a build or just buy the blemished? It'll just be used for casual plinking, I'm not worried on cosmetics. I've got a few higher end AR's that are lightweight and a lot nicer, I just want to build up the arsenal a bit but do it without dropping $1,300 per build! Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
M&P15 Sport at Gunnies for $569, DPMS oracle for under $600, or Mossberg MMR $499. Why build your own?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
M&P15 Sport at Gunnies for $569, DPMS oracle for under $600, or Mossberg MMR $499. Why build your own?
That's kind of my question haha. Seems like in some cases you can build a more superior gun for the same cost as some of the deals you mentioned above. If I remember right the M&P doesn't have a forward assist or dust cover? Just some little things like that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've seen some great deals in the last week on parts and already built. If you like how the built ones are configured, you should just get one. If you want to get a built one and start replacing parts, then you may want to build one and get just what you want from the beginning. It may even save you money, depending on how many parts you replace. For me, I don't care for the stocks or the trigger they typically include with the $500 AR, but I have seen some built uppers that I like. So I bought the already built uppers and built my own lowers with a stock and trigger that I like.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would jump all over that PSA deal. It will be a higher quality then DPMS/Rock River/Bushmaster/whatever. The M&P 15's do seem to be decent guns though.

The next step up from the PSA rifle you listed would be a Colt 6920 or a Bravo Company rifle, and they are above what you said you wanted to spend.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
If it was like before, it banned sale of lowers / complete guns. After all, the rest of the pieces arent a "gun". Begs the question though as I dont have any experience with it, were "80%" lowers legal to build during the ban years? My gut says yes... but I'm curious.

-DallanC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts