Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great weekend, I was able to go out elk hunting with my family. My dad and brother had both drawn Cache Meadowville tags. We have a really good family friend who owns a little property up there. He was very generous and allows us to hunt with him. We arrived early that morning and got set up in the places we had previously had our minds set upon. We had elk screaming all around us. It was music to our ears. I could personally hear that all night long and not be bothered. We sat there in the dark just imaging what was going to appear first. My dad and good friend was down below us. We had heard some ruckus behind us, so I turn to check out what it was. I saw a huge bull trotting into the brush. I told my Bro, he said let's wait to see what is coming towards us, since the other bull had been a little spooked. As we was looking for the big bull to appear behind us, we all the sudden heard a loud scream with chuckles where the other bull was coming up. We turned and there he was, 75 yds. right in front of us. We took a short look at him and my brother was set on him. We could see that he had huge fronts and long thirds. So my brother shot, hit. The bull walked about 20 to the south, so my brother put another round through him for reassurance. Down he went. My brother just scored a bull of his dreams. It was such a fun time. Now we are going to focus on Dad's tag and I can't wait for that. I just love hunting. Fall is by far my favorite time of the year.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Nice work!!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Private land on the Meadowview unit is money! Treat that friend REALLY nice for allowing access. Great looking bull!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Awesome bull congrats. I like those big long thirds. Thats sweet!

·
Premium Member
8,501 Posts
AWESOME! Thanks for sharing. Good luck on your Dad's tag. I hope it goes just as well!

·
Administrator
21,440 Posts
Fantastic! Good luck on your other tag and keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts