Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's down. thanks for all on the forum who helped with good spots and advice...

Bassman
[attachment=0:b056b]Moose3.JPG[/attachment:b056b]

·
Registered
154 Posts
man , there is not a lot of public ground in that unit. look in the bowls below and northeast of the green vehicle sheds at the top of farmington canyon. there is a nice trail that starts right behind that building and drops into there and goes north. have seen many nice bulls there over the years.

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
have you looked up parleys canyon ? i have seen some realy nice bull up there befor.congrats on the tag and hope you can get a big bull.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Take the Bountiful peak road to the top where it splits. Just down that big canyon to your left (centerville canyon) there is a couple of nice bulls there. You can also drive skyline drive a little ways until you come to a road that goes down on the face(parish creek) there is a couple of moose in there also. You can keep driving past parish creek for a few hundred yards. There is a little pulloff on the right. It over looks the roads in the parish creek area. There is a old trail that heads to down to the open flats. Fallow that down to the flats. Fallow the trail down that ridge line. There are some cliffs down there. It is also very thick and rough country. There is a huge bull in there.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
dkhntrdstn said:
have you looked up parleys canyon ? i have seen some realy nice bull up there befor.
+1

Check out the area of Little dell golf corse & those areas. im pretty sure its all part of that same area. About 2 weeks ago i saw a nice bull on the mtn behind the golf course that was around 36" wide. Not huge, But they are in there.

·
Registered
202 Posts
There are numerous moose on the ridge between East Canyon and Mountain Dell Canyon (along the Morgan County line). I was up there on Saturday and another hunter was pushed behind a pine tree by a large bull. There was a lot of moose sign in the area as well.

There are a lot of moose along the road leading to East Canyon (accross the road from Little Dell) as well as along the turn off to Emigration Canyon. I do not know how to measure the size, but there sure are a lot of animals in this area.

PM me if you would like more specifics, or someone to hunt with as I have a cow elk tag in the same area.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Second the thoughts made by Weatherby25......I too saw a really nice bull up there just last Wednesday. If size doesn't matter, then as others have stated, there are ALWAYS moose in Parleys on your way to East Canyon....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had that tag 2 years ago. You can not hunt off the back side of Farmington by the sheds. That is the Jacobs Creek CWMU. There are many signs. That CWMU also comes over the top in places by the towers, so be careful.
I killed my bull in Farmington Flats. If you have been hunting City Creek, know that you will not be allowed to access from the bottom if you are moose hunting. They shut me down. But there are huge bulls in the Meadows at the head of City Creek. Tough to get way in there though. Red Butte has some big bulls as well. Horses are a must if you are going to shoot a bull in there.

Good Luck,

Jason "The Big Ol' Muley"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts