Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Here's a couple year old classifieds ad that has a few boxes listed. He has an email at the top... might be worth seeing if its still valid and if he has them.

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/archive/index.php/t-251058.html

As they are discontinued from Hornady, its going to be pretty hard to find. Some internet searching turned up a few sites out of the country with what looks like some, but damned if I can figure what they say.

-DallanC

·
Administrator
21,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a couple year old classifieds ad that has a few boxes listed. He has an email at the top... might be worth seeing if its still valid and if he has them.

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/archive/index.php/t-251058.html

As they are discontinued from Hornady, its going to be pretty hard to find. Some internet searching turned up a few sites out of the country with what looks like some, but damned if I can figure what they say.

-DallanC
Yeah, thanks. I emailed that guy. We're doing 1,000 to 2,000 cast bullets but I would like to get some jacketed 60 grains before they all disappear.

·
Administrator
21,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
BULLETS FOUND ON MARS???? It must be those son-a-b!tchin' longrange shooters!!!! I wonder what their dial-up was for that!
I tried to calculate the dial-up to Mars using a 338 RUM 250 gr Accucbond but the coriolis kicked my butt.

Hey Chuck, if you shoot at Mars do you go up and look for blood? I did but got hopelessly lost.

Reactions: longbow

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts
Yeah, thanks. I emailed that guy. We're doing 1,000 to 2,000 cast bullets but I would like to get some jacketed 60 grains before they all disappear.

Why would they disappear? Are you seriously looking? If so I may have some, I will look in my stockpile.

Are they for a handgun or .257 Roberts?

·
Administrator
21,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Why would they disappear? Are you seriously looking? If so I may have some, I will look in my stockpile.

Are they for a handgun or .257 Roberts?
The son-in-law and I have model 62 Marlins in 256 Win Mag. The grandkids love them. I also have a semi-auto 256 Ferret that is like an M1 Carbine but in a .25 caliber, again the 256 Win Mag. Only one over the counter bullet was sold for the 256 Win Mag, a 60 gr round nose open point round by Winchester. The magazines and feed ramps on both rifles don't like pointed bullets and the guns perform best with projectiles under 75 gr..uh..not the weight, but the length being the issue.

The 60 grain jacketed bullets are for rabbit and varmint hunting. I have cast bullets for plinking.

I don't know why they're discontinued but I bet there's a box of them here and there all over the country.

thanks bowgy

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts
The son-in-law and I have model 62 Marlins in 256 Win Mag. The grandkids love them. I also have a semi-auto 256 Ferret that is like an M1 Carbine but in a .25 caliber, again the 256 Win Mag. Only one over the counter bullet was sold for the 256 Win Mag, a 60 gr round nose open point round by Winchester. The magazines and feed ramps on both rifles don't like pointed bullets and the guns perform best with projectiles under 75 gr..uh..not the weight, but the length being the issue.

The 60 grain jacketed bullets are for rabbit and varmint hunting. I have cast bullets for plinking.

I don't know why they're discontinued but I bet there's a box of them here and there all over the country.

thanks bowgy

Ok, my father-in-law owned a sporting goods store in the 50's and 60's and when he passed away I acquired all of the left over shooting and reloading supplies. I know that there were some boxes of .257 Roberts Winchester X factory loaded ammo, that's why I asked, there are quite a few bullet calibers that I don't use, I will look through it and see if I have any.

·
Administrator
21,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, my father-in-law owned a sporting goods store in the 50's and 60's and when he passed away I acquired all of the left over shooting and reloading supplies. I know that there were some boxes of .257 Roberts Winchester X factory loaded ammo, that's why I asked, there are quite a few bullet calibers that I don't use, I will look through it and see if I have any.
thank you sir

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts

I'm still looking for 25 caliber bullets, 60 to 75 grain, flat or round nose only. Any help will be appreciated.

Sorry Goob, I don't have what you are looking for. I have 2 boxesof 117 gr Sierra Spitzer boat tail, 1/4 box of 100 gr Sierra spritzers, 1 box of Nosler Ballistic tip 115 gr, and 1/3 box of Remington 100 gr PTD Special.

·
Administrator
21,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm still looking for these 60 gr .25 caliber Hornady bullets.

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts
I still have the spitzers if you are interested. 100 gr, 117 gr and 115 gr

·
Administrator
21,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I still have the spitzers if you are interested. 100 gr, 117 gr and 115 gr
Thanks, I'm good there.

Need the little round nose ones for 256 Win Mag, 25-20 Win and 25 Rem. All have tubular magazines.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts