Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone out there to feel my pain or has everyone gone hunting? My truck is fueled and packed. My trailer is packed and ready. I have only to buy parishable food and I will be ready to go deer hunting. But I am stuck here at work while everyone else is out hunting.............

in the snow.............

and the mud.................

and the cold.................

and the crowds.............

Well, if all goes well, I will be heading out Tuesday and hunt the rest of the week...........

in good weather..............

after the crowds go home.............

Wait a minute. That might not be so bad. OK, I feel better now............

But I still would rather be hunting. :(

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
It has you thinking that all the good bucks will get shot today?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sagebrush said:
It has you thinking that all the good bucks will get shot today?
No. It has me thinking about how "happy" I am to be at work today. Just shoot me! :wink:

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
On a cold and stormy day like this one, even beer doesn't taste all that good. It's better that you are at work! Come Tuesday, when you are enjoying 5 inches of old, but still relatively fresh snow, on a clear day, with temps hovering in the 20's, deer easier to see in the trees, you will be glad you had to work today!
I know, "I'd rather be hunting in this miserable weather than be sitting here at my desk, reading the forum". But, heck, you are getting paid to read the forum...I'm not...and I'm not hunting either. My hunt is over....I don't even have Tuesday to look forward to. What are you boobin about?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Dude, you are the smart one. wait untill the insanity leaves and then go when it gets great. Back when i rifle hunted that is how i did it. i never once missed the crowds, and nearly always got th4e critter.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am at work too. Not the best day to be hunting but like the saying goes, the worst day hunting beats the best day of work. Ohh well, :|

1 - 6 of 6 Posts