Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am planning a trip on the weekend of the 26th to get out the George and get some burbot. This will be the one and only attempt that I will have to ice one. My wife who is going to be 8 months pregnant will be along for the trip aswell. So I am asking for a pm or a post on how to fish them. I have heard that sucker meat works well. By sucker does that mean carp? I could probably manage to get some carp before then to use as bait if that is the case. Anyone willing to help me out?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah she can't wait for the spring when the catfish start spawning.. I just figured she'd have just as much fun with the burbot. There is a catch though. In order for this trip to go through I have to recarpet and repaint the baby room first. Seems like a good compromise.... :D

·
Registered
622 Posts
Carp just might work . Sucker meat is just that it is a sucker fish . Lot of them in the Jordan River . I just go to Sportmans Whse. and buy it most of the time . Just add any bait meat to your jig . ANd use glow plastics and or jig heads for them will help . FIsh just after sunset for best results .

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Nambaster said:
Yeah she can't wait for the spring when the catfish start spawning.. I just figured she'd have just as much fun with the burbot. There is a catch though. In order for this trip to go through I have to recarpet and repaint the baby room first. Seems like a good compromise.... :D
Women............... they sure know how to rope us into doing things for them. 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts