Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I attended the BWB Cabin Fever 3-d shoot today up Parleys Canyon at their property. Nice day, not too crowded. They had 3 courses setup. I shot the beginner course and then went to the advanced course. I didn't care much for the advanced course... too long of shots and the wind was blowing. A guy with us had a sight with pins out to 60 yards. He could not shoot several of the targets as the distance was beyond 60. One, more than double that distance at 128 yards. Gotta admit, I did not enjoy the course. Neither did the two buddies I shot with. The area around the targets was not cleared and with most of the targets at such a long distance, a lot of arrows missed and got lost in the brush. I guess some guys like that type of shooting. Arrows are too expensive to get broken or lost on a 3-d course when shooting for fun. Still, we had an enjoyable day being out doing some stick flipping.

If I did things correctly, there should be two pictures attached. The bear is 70+ yards and the elk is 93 as I remember. A couple of my "kodak moments".

Attachments

·
Registered
692 Posts
Nice shooting!

I agree that those 80+ yard shots can be a bit ridiculous at these 3D shoots, but I guess some guys really like them. (don't get me wrong, I love a challenge, but even GT Expedition hunters get expensive when you miss/lose/break them)

I don't mind a 100 yard "challenge shot" if it's a 120cm back stop, but I think I'd skip it if it was an animal size target.

·
Registered
58 Posts
We shot the Advanced and intermediate courses on Saturday afternoon. Hardly anybody up there. Had the courses to ourselves pretty much. I am one that likes the longer shots. There are more and more courses that are setting up longer range targets, because more and more people are moving to the slider sites. I wouldn't pay to shoot a course that has nothing but less than 40-50 yard shots. I may not be real accurate , but I can hit foam at 130 yards 9/10 times usually. Doesnt mean I would shoot an animal at those longer distances, but its fun to shoot foam. Our wives shot the courses with us as well. Some targets they didnt shoot, and some we walked up to a more manageable shot and they shot from there.

Overall I liked the course set up this year. If you want some even longer shots, make sure you hit the shoot up at snowbird. Best overall shoot anywhere!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts