Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend is looking to buy his first bow this year and satrt hunting with me. Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on a solid bow for a decent price. Hes been looking at Cabellas Bows, i guess some are made by bowtech and he can get a package deal for under 5oo. Anothr one is the PSE surge or Vision. Any thoughts anyone? Again hes not looking to spend a grand so Mathews and high end hoyt, or bowtech is not really an option. oh and the bow would be for everything from big game to turkey.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
deer, elk, and turkeys -- none of them care anything about the brand, or the cost, or where a bow was purchased.

My Browning bantam compound bow killed deer just as effectively as any other bow I've ever used.

(I have a PSE Vendetta that I'd sell for a very fair price if interested...)

Reactions: SnowBoardJunky

·
Registered
280 Posts
Get him to go to a few shops and shoot different bows until he finds one he likes and feels right to him. If it feels right he will shoot better, if he shoots well he will keep shooting...

·
Registered
577 Posts
I don't know much about the Cabela's (bowtech) bow, but there are quite a few of them in the bargain cave.

I think he could get just as good of a deal on a RAK Bowtech bow, and lower end PSE Bruin or the like. I know they come in Ready To Shoot packages for $500 and under. Used is tough unless you know exactly what you want or what to look for. I would recommend buying from a dealer where you can ask questions and try several different bows. Also they should know how to get him set up and adjusted correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts