Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on somewhere to try.
I have a cow tag for the cache unit and every spot that I have hunted in the past has left me empty handed so far. I have had some luck with my own elk and helping others in the past but the elk just don't seem to be there. Most of the hunting I have done in the past was during the muzzleloader in November and I think that may be the problem, but even the places I scouted this summer are producing nothing.
Not looking for a secret spot, but any suggestions will be appreciated.
I am goint to go back up this week and give it some more time. Really would like to see some meat in the freezer.

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had that tag a few years ago. I filled the tag right above Millville (sp?) There was a herd of cows right there on the face of the mountain above the town. It was just above private property and the land owner called the sheriff. He was waiting for me when we pushed, rolled, and dragged the cow down to the truck. I was completely legal though so there were no problems.

You can glass the face of the mountains from the base of the foothills. Then put the creep on any elk you see. Good luck!

·
Registered
40 Posts
karma said:
I had that tag a few years ago. I filled the tag right above Millville (sp?) There was a herd of cows right there on the face of the mountain above the town. It was just above private property and the land owner called the sheriff. He was waiting for me when we pushed, rolled, and dragged the cow down to the truck. I was completely legal though so there were no problems.

You can glass the face of the mountains from the base of the foothills. Then put the creep on any elk you see. Good luck!
I just checked my proclamation. The area I talked about may be a different area than your tag. Sorry for the mis-information if it is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
P.M. me, for more info. I will take you right to them. Just tell me when and where you want to meet. Bring your rifle and a cleaning knife.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts